Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Group Buy Cadillac CTS Hugger Header & High Flow Cat group purchase program.

Please be advised that the GROUP BUY is now officially closed and no further orders can be accepted as now the "real work" begins in determining the final costs based on the number of actual participants who committed to participation.

So with that said; please let me bring you up to speed on where we stand and what the "next step" is in this process.

First and foremost; I am overwhelmed at the number of Forum members that have expressed interest in the state of California alone who are "starved" for more CTS 3.2 horsepower.

The great news is that we are going to deliver it and even help assist you with the coordination of the installation process.

We have established "point of service" contacts with some highly reputable custom speed shops that are familiar with the installation of our CMS products and will do our very best to help you realize some discounts on service installation.

From sales to service and from east to west, Cadillac MotorSports, Ltd will always strive to exceed your expectations with regard to it's products, service and the folks that represent us! It is you our CTS client that always come first in everything that we do!

With that said; now the real work begins and here's where we get started:

Today on Tuesday December 20, 2006; a complete list of participants will be forwarded to our fabrication department and costs will be determined based on the 100% total number of individuals that expressed interest in the Group Purchase.

We will begin with pricing based on 100% participation pricing and pricing discounts will be based into the final costs based on that 100% participation.

You will be notified by December 23'rd 2006 of the 50% deposit that will be due and must be received by CMS, Ltd by January 06, 2006. If there is a change in final pricing due to a lack of payment where an individual does not pay there 50% deposit; you will be notified by email of those who committed, but failed to participate.

This will affect the final net price and balance due when your custom Hugger Headers are complete and ready for shipment.

The actual fabrication of the CTS Hugger Headers is performed in-house at our facilities.

The exrude honing and application of the Jet-Hot coating is outsourced and will affect the final product price based and your balance due in the event someone does not pay there 50% deposit by January 06, 2006. For example, if 15% of those who committed to purchase DO NOT PAY there deposit by January 06, 2006; that will affect your final balance due that was originally based on 100% participation.

The bottom line is that you will know by private email who in advance made a committment and who did not pay there deposit which affected your net final balance due once the headers are ready for shipment. All final balances and insured shipping must be paid before final shipment.

So here is our Production & Communication schedule:

• December 23, 2006: All individuals who placed "interest orders" will be emailed a list of all individuals who "signed up and provided their email committment for the header package and will be provided a price based on 100% participation. That 100% participation price will require a 50% deposit to be received under separate invoice by Cadillac MotorSports, Ltd by January 06, 2006. You will be emailed an electronic invoice the week of December 26'th which can be paid by check or credit card by the mandatory due date of January 06, 2006 utilizing Paypal's secure server or by mailing a personal check or money order.
  • On January 13'th, every participant in the Group buy will be notified by email as to those who did not send in there 50% deposit and therefore did not participate in the group buy. This lack of participation will affect your final balance due.
  • I am truly hoping that all 100% of those who committed to this group buy do in fact particpate and honor the payment dates regarding their deposits as this will affect the final net price to all of your fellow Forum Members who did in fact agree and comply with the Group Buy terms and condtions. Failure to honor the terms of your deposit agreement will result in a full email disclosure to all the Hugger Header purchasers so they are completely aware on a full disclosure basis as to why there was a change in the final balance.
Thank you again to everyone for there participation in the Cadillac MotorSport Hugger Header "Group Buy" program.

We look forward with great anticipation to delivering one of the finest constucted high performance qulaity products for your Cadillac CTS.

We greatly appreciate the trust and confidence you demonstrate each time you choose Cadillac MotorSports, Ltd for all of your performance applications.

Happy holidays:

Pietro J. Raimondi, Jr.
Cadillac MotorSports, Limited
Managing Partner
[email protected]***********************
(410) 294-5877

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Group Buy Hugger Header - Officially Closed! -Cadillac MotorSports, Ltd.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Group Buy Cadillac CTS Hugger Header & High Flow Cat group purchase program.

Please be advised that the GROUP BUY is now officially closed and no further orders can be accepted as now the "real work" begins in determining the final costs based on the number of actual participants who committed to participation.

So with that said; please let me bring you up to speed on where we stand and what the "next step" is in this process.

First and foremost; I am overwhelmed at the number of Forum members that have expressed interest in the state of California alone who are "starved" for more CTS 3.2 horsepower.

The great news is that we are going to deliver it and even help assist you with the coordination of the installation process.

We have established "point of service" contacts with some highly reputable custom speed shops that are familiar with the installation of our CMS products and will do our very best to help you realize some discounts on service installation.

From sales to service and from east to west, Cadillac MotorSports, Ltd will always strive to exceed your expectations with regard to it's products, service and the folks that represent us! It is you our CTS client that always come first in everything that we do!

With that said; now the real work begins and here's where we get started:

Today on Tuesday December 20, 2006; a complete list of participants will be forwarded to our fabrication department and costs will be determined based on the 100% total number of individuals that expressed interest in the Group Purchase.

We will begin with pricing based on 100% participation pricing and pricing discounts will be based into the final costs based on that 100% participation.

You will be notified by December 23'rd 2006 of the 50% deposit that will be due and must be received by CMS, Ltd by January 06, 2006. If there is a change in final pricing due to a lack of payment where an individual does not pay there 50% deposit; you will be notified by email of those who committed, but failed to participate.

This will affect the final net price and balance due when your custom Hugger Headers are complete and ready for shipment.

The actual fabrication of the CTS Hugger Headers is performed in-house at our facilities.

The exrude honing and application of the Jet-Hot coating is outsourced and will affect the final product price based and your balance due in the event someone does not pay there 50% deposit by January 06, 2006. For example, if 15% of those who committed to purchase DO NOT PAY there deposit by January 06, 2006; that will affect your final balance due that was originally based on 100% participation.

The bottom line is that you will know by private email who in advance made a committment and who did not pay there deposit which affected your net final balance due once the headers are ready for shipment. All final balances and insured shipping must be paid before final shipment.

So here is our Production & Communication schedule:
  • December 23, 2006: All individuals who placed "interest orders" will be emailed a list of all individuals who "signed up and provided their email committment for the header package and will be provided a price based on 100% participation. That 100% participation price will require a 50% deposit to be received under separate invoice by Cadillac MotorSports, Ltd by January 06, 2006. You will be emailed an electronic invoice the week of December 26'th which can be paid by check or credit card by the mandatory due date of January 06, 2006 utilizing Paypal's secure server or by mailing a personal check or money order.
  • On January 13'th, every participant in the Group buy will be notified by email as to those who did not send in there 50% deposit and therefore did not participate in the group buy. This lack of participation will affect your final balance due.
  • I am truly hoping that all 100% of those who committed to this group buy do in fact particpate and honor the payment dates regarding their deposits as this will affect the final net price to all of your fellow Forum Members who did in fact agree and comply with the Group Buy terms and condtions. Failure to honor the terms of your deposit agreement will result in a full email disclosure to all the Hugger Header purchasers so they are completely aware on a full disclosure basis as to why there was a change in the final balance.
Thank you again to everyone for there participation in the Cadillac MotorSport Hugger Header "Group Buy" program.

We look forward with great anticipation to delivering one of the finest constucted high performance qulaity products for your Cadillac CTS.

We greatly appreciate the trust and confidence you demonstrate each time you choose Cadillac MotorSports, Ltd for all of your performance applications.

Happy holidays:

Pietro J. Raimondi, Jr.
Cadillac MotorSports, Limited
Managing Partner
[email protected]***********************
(410) 294-5877

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
i think someone got a little squirrely with the keyboard on that first post. sounds awesome...i'm a little curious as to who ordered them as well. i need to stay away from these people on the streets...everyone better pay their deposits...talk about personal attacks...i bet people are going to be piiiiiiiiiissed if someone doesn't pay after agreeing.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
TripleOught said:
i think someone got a little squirrely with the keyboard on that first post. sounds awesome...i'm a little curious as to who ordered them as well. i need to stay away from these people on the streets...everyone better pay their deposits...talk about personal attacks...i bet people are going to be piiiiiiiiiissed if someone doesn't pay after agreeing.
3x0,

Since I helped CMS with the buy, I think I should get my headers before you!:D
Yeah, I know you've really been excited about them for some time.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
i've already told all my buddies that i'd be getting them in the next few months...i can't look like a moron now and back out...the only thing i'm leary about at this point is the warranty, and getting caught should something go wrong down the line...

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Warranty? I'm sure my extended warranty is long since null and void. "UHHMMMM, Sir, we can't uphold the warranty since there are no factory parts left on your CTS". LOL

Hey, as long as I have the Borla cat-back on, WTF, headers and high flow cats are next. If a cat fails, I'll get another one from CMS. And while we're no longer in warranty, how about a supercharger, ported heads and intake, . . . . .

Does it ever stop?

I'm very excited about getting the headers on. Even the new VW Passat 3.6L comes stock with 280 HP. It would suck to get smoked by a stock VW.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
You make a good point Ody. We take some risk with the fun we seek. Our wheels aren't covered, our Intake is not covered and now our exhaust is not covered. I've done this all my life and have never had any problems. But yes there is still risk.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
TripleOught said:
right, the only problem i see is this whole differential drama...thnk they will replace it if it goes on my car with the headers, cats, and exhaust?

thats the only thing i'm worried about.
3x0,
You were so excited about the mod. What gives? The CTS diff. seems to good for over 300HP. So you should be safe.

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
RobertCTS said:
3x0,
You were so excited about the mod. What gives? The CTS diff. seems to good for over 300HP. So you should be safe.
Then what's all the talk about the egg shell differential in the other discussion threads? Good for over 300HP? Is that what you and others said?

Here is what Pietro said:

"And it by the way is a HUGE HUGE HUGE problem on the CTSV and will rear it's ugly head on the CTS 3.6 the further you push the rear wheel torque beyond the OEM standard"

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thats pretty much what I heard, that the differential can handle about 310-315hp, but thats about 380hp coming from the engine, so i don't think we have much to worry about, unless your going to put a supercharger on it or something.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
TripleOught said:
right, the only problem i see is this whole differential drama...thnk they will replace it if it goes on my car with the headers, cats, and exhaust?
thats the only thing i'm worried about.
The dealer probably would never even notice, as I dont see why they would even open the engine bay when your differential fails.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
robert, trust me i'm still way excited, and i'm not worried that somehow the headers and cats will push my differential over the limit...BUT, i am worried that (as things go), my differential will naturally fail (it's already seeming funny), and they will say, hmmmm, whats this? oh by the way we're not fixing the diff because of the custom work. thats all i'm apprehensive about. i think what i may do is take the car in right before i get the headers on and suggest they look at the diff. hopefully it will be fine, if not, they'll fix it and then i can put my headers/cats on.

on the other hand, theres a possibility i am making a big deal about nothing and they won't even see them. i really don't feel like paying for a differential swap myself though. better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
If mine fails, it's simply a reason to upgrade to the supposedly stronger '06 CTS-V 3.73:1 limited slip differential!

BTW, with the car on the lift for replacing the diff, it IS possible to easily spot the headers and cats on the car. One could actually reinstall the heat shields from the stock manifolds to cover them up some, but then again, they're too pretty to cover up!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
i know, i was thinking the same thing. with the car lifted, the cats will be suprisingly obvious as they sparkle and shine. i can't see putting on those heat shields unless i had to take it in, then take them back off maybe...once they see the cats, they'll probably inspect and say, oh my, what do we have here?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
hopefully they don't bolt up to the cat...with the new ones, i don't think they will have mounting for the old heat shields...but if the shields are mounted on the chassis or something around the cat, then you could take them on and off for dealer visits...

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
The heat shields also keep you from catching stuff on fire under the car, like grass, paper, etc, the CATS get REAL HOT.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Well if everything goes as planned, we all should be hearing from CMS this Friday regarding a price based on 100% participation. I really hope no one bags on us.:eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts