Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rich from Car Motorsports has offered us a group buy on the CTS under hood insulator kit. This kit goes over your existing insulator and includes the Cadillac emblem and the CTS logo beneath it. Similar to the one at http://www.carmotorsports.com/UHI_Cadillac.htm. (like the Escalade) You can choose your color for the embroidery on the CTS emblem. We need at least four to get the price of $199.95 and then subsequent orders in groups of four. He has also included free shipping and when placing orders for other items with this purchase, all items are shipped free. You can call Rich direct at 1-877-367-2279. Post a reply if interested.:yup:

·
Registered
1989, 2000
76 Posts
This looks neat.
Should this help with the whine ( in the engine not the diff) that myself and others have talked about.
The dealer said this is normal and live with it.
My Deville wasnt this noisy in the city, and I just spent 5 hours in a Lincoln
which was much the same as the Deville.
I think for upwards of $40k, we shouldn't have to ' live with it'
There was a recall on the CTS V with the 350 engine as they complained about the noise too. Waterpump was the culprit
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I don't think that would look good, but I am going to wait and see how CMS constructs their tower brace, and how much. If they do it like RSM Racing, then I'll get the insulator kit.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Cadiman1983 said:
I don't think that would look good, but I am going to wait and see how CMS constructs their tower brace, and how much. If they do it like RSM Racing, then I'll get the insulator kit.
Where did you hear CMS was gonna make tower braces? Pete just asked me the other day for the OEM brace part number.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It was posted in that last long response he posted on the hugger thread, and I emailed him about it, said they would be ready the first quarter of 2006.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
weird, why bother making a strut tower brace when GN makes one fore you at a price no one could beat?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Kael said:
weird, why bother making a strut tower brace when GN makes one fore you at a price no one could beat?
I bet you meant GM. Here's the deal at GMPD
GM Part #
Description
Pack Qty
Unit Price
Quantity
Ext. Price
Core Charge
BRACE
$65.42
$65.42
$0.00

SUBTOTAL:
$65.42
PROCESSING & HANDLING TOTAL:
$14.39
TAXES:
$0.00
ORDER TOTAL:
$ 79.81

·
Registered
2003 CTS
920 Posts
Just got off the phone with Rich. I asked if the insulator kit would fit both the 3.2 & 3.6 engines. He said the kits fit all 3 engines. The kit takes about fortyfive min. to an hour to install. He also sells a one piece insulator that just snaps on. The insulators do help in quieting the engine noise.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Do you ship to Europe???? Please???

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RobertCTS said:
This will not clear the new OEM sport Tower Brace unfortunately.:annoyed:
Where did you get that info? I'll have to call Rich back and verify, but if it fits the V series with their strut tower brace, it should fit ours. Or maybe it's the difference between the earlier years and the 2006 version. We'll see what Rich has to say, but it may require that kit.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
70eldo said:
Do you ship to Europe???? Please???
I'm sure Rich would, but he may not be able to offer free shipping. Germany is a bit far.

I would sure like to take my car over there and hit the autobahn with you.:cool2:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
onephatguy said:
Where did you get that info? I'll have to call Rich back and verify, but if it fits the V series with their strut tower brace, it should fit ours. Or maybe it's the difference between the earlier years and the 2006 version. We'll see what Rich has to say, but it may require that kit.
I got it from Rich. He suggested cutting the insulator. I would rather order the new correct OEM insulator. It has a channel for the brace. Don't have a part number yet.

·
Registered
Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille
1,425 Posts
Does the insulator say CTS on it as well?? Instead of CTS V! If so I would like to join the group buy for my 2003 caddy cts :yup: :yup:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jonnyd said:
Does the insulator say CTS on it as well?? Instead of CTS V! If so I would like to join the group buy for my 2003 caddy cts :yup: :yup:
It looks like the one for the Escalde. Cadillac emblem on top, CTS on the bottom. Does not use the CTS-V emblem.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RobertCTS said:
I got it from Rich. He suggested cutting the insulator. I would rather order the new correct OEM insulator. It has a channel for the brace. Don't have a part number yet.
I think that's where we differ. Isn't mine (2006) already equiped with that?

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
onephatguy said:
I'm sure Rich would, but he may not be able to offer free shipping. Germany is a bit far.

I would sure like to take my car over there and hit the autobahn with you.:cool2:
Hook me up then!
Yes, Germany is far. You can put your car on a RoRo or in a container with my Underhood insulator kit then! ;)
Container ships and RoRo's unload in Hamburg anyway, so that would be convenient for both of us :D

But seriously, I am interested in that part though!

·
Registered
Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille
1,425 Posts
onephatguy said:
It looks like the one for the Escalde. Cadillac emblem on top, CTS on the bottom. Does not use the CTS-V emblem.
Than def count me in!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts