Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to accurately quote for a "group buy" on our custom built V6 Cadillac CTS Block Hugger High Performance Headers, we will need to know exactly how many committed purchasers are willing to invest in the header package before we can finalize fabrication costs.

We can fabricate the CMS, Ltd. High Performance Block Hugger Headers for both the 3.6 and the 3.2 CTS engine platform.

On Friday, we will post the particulars of the finished product & how they are constructed, included components in the custom header and cat package, installation instructions and pictures for your review.

Anyone that has interest in a Cadillac MotorSport V6 High Performance Block Hugger Package should do the following:

email your name and contact information along with whether you require a 3.6 package or 3.2 package to:

[email protected]***********************

Each individual will be contacted personally regarding the build of your custom header package and the options that are available to you.

best regards:

Pete Raimondi
Cadillac MotorSports, Limited

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS
165 Posts
Re: Group Buy - 3.6 and 3.2 High Performance Headers - Cadillac MotorSport Block-Huggers

I may be interested in a 3.6L setup, any info reguarding price?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Re: Group Buy - 3.6 and 3.2 High Performance Headers - Cadillac MotorSport Block-Huggers

Blekk0 said:
I may be interested in a 3.6L setup, any info reguarding price?
Blekko,
Why not e-mail Pete and get a price? Don't be surprised by the cost of a limited production item. The HP gains are impressive. SDMarine has a set of
Pete's Shorty headers and high flow cats. He got impressive dyno results.

·
Registered
413 Posts

Is there any news on these headers? I emailed them and have not gotten a response back, starting to get irretated.

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts

I should here back from Lund Cadillac today? So hopefully i will have some information to post regarding price...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

yeah i'd like someone to come up with a "roundabout" number for the 3.2's...i know there are a ot of factors...but how about a range? are we talking 600? 1000? 2000? i seriously have no clue.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts

Cadiman1983 said:
Is there any news on these headers? I emailed them and have not gotten a response back, starting to get irretated.
If Pete has a problem it's that he has to much on his plate. He can't keep up with all the requests for his time. I'll see if he will let me post his phone number.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts

Low volume stainless headers with Jethot coating and extrude-honed tubes, plus custom high flow cats (generic ones won't fit) are gonna run somewhere in the $1500+ range, IMHO. I'm guessing they're going to improve power in the 30 RWHP/30 ft-lbs range, after looking at the marines results on the 3.6L. I don't know what Pete has lined up, but like Robert says, he's a busy guy. CMS is only one of his business ventures. I'm patient enough to wait, but I definitely want a set.

·
Registered
413 Posts

If we buy them as a group, will we get any sort of discount?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts

We all certainly hope so! I'd be pleasantly surprised if we could get the headers and cats for under $1000 a set, although the cheaper they are, the more people will buy them!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts

odysseus said:
We all certainly hope so! I'd be pleasantly surprised if we could get the headers and cats for under $1000 a set, although the cheaper they are, the more people will buy them!
I sent an e-mail to Pete's CMS and his home. He spoke of answers by Friday. Last Friday or this coming Friday?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts

odysseus said:
The reverse is also true..The MORE people on the group buy, the LESS the fabrication cost is for Pete, which in turns lead to LOWER price for us....
Dubbed - get in on this!! Forget about Lund! Plus, there is a place in Long Beach that did SDs..so if we go in on the group and we go together for the install, we may be able to get a good price...C'mon man! Plus look at this response from Lund below...
=====
Unfortunately beyond what you have already modified on your vehicle there isn't really much if anything left to modify that is still currently in production.

The headers were discontinued as well as plans to mass produce the supercharger due to lack of interest.

Richard Dale
Lund Cadillac
[email protected]
ph. 602-375-4383
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:09 AM
Subject: Headers for 3.6L CTS

Good Morning,
Does Lund still have the headers and high flow cats for the 3.6L CTS. Also, do you have a supercharger or anything to get more power for the 3.6L CTS. I have added a Volant Air Intake, CTS-V exhaust pipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and recently dynoed my car and got 227 RWHP.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

that really sucks...i think they put out the supercharger too early...not enough interest in modifications had grown by then. if they re-ontroduced it i bet they would get much mroe interest now...

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts

TripleOught said:
that really sucks...i think they put out the supercharger too early...not enough interest in modifications had grown by then. if they re-ontroduced it i bet they would get much mroe interest now...
Not at the price they were trying to sell it at. If it was between 2000-3000 for one, I'd be up for it. However, if I remember correctly, they were asking upwards of 6000 plus installation.

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Cadillac MotorSports Block Hugger Headers & High Flow Cat's

Wow....what an impressive reply from all of those who are interested in the custom fabricated Cadillac CTS headers and high flow cats.
Particularly CTS 3.2 owners; as RWHP and Torque salvation is on the way!

Thank you so much to all of those who have responded as requested with their interest in this custom fabricated product as requested to:

I know that allot of you are anxious on "final pricing" and please allow me to address the following issues at this time.

I want to give "everyone" who has an interest an opportunity to participate in this "group buy".....period!

Obviously, the more that participate; the lower our fabrication costs will be which of course will effect the ultimate "delivered price" of the finished product.

We realize with the Christmas season approaching, this can be a "tight time" financially for allot of folks; so therefore to be fair to everyone, the cut-off date for pre-ordering will be: Monday December 19, 2005

Here is what you will receive in your CTS 3.6 or 3.2 Custom fabricated block hugger and high flow cat kit:

• Custom fabricated CTS block hugger Stainless Steel headers, flanges, cone collector and high flow cats.
  • Complete installation instructions
  • Top shelf header gasket kit that which along with the headers are port matched to the CTS exhaust plenum.
  • Stage 8 (grade 8) self-locking header bolts.
  • All aluminum tig welds will be smoothed and polished.
  • Headers will be internally extrude honed and isotropic superfinished.
  • Headers will be externally and internally jet-hot coated lowering the ambient header temperature by more than 250 degrees making the heat shields obsolete and increase the exhaust gas scavenging.
  • All headers and cats will be pressure/flow tested to insure against any leaks and fully guaranteed.
It is our intention to deliver this product at 15% above our fabrication costs!

I know that many of you are anxious to know what the "final price" will be and what I can share with you now is that by December 22'nd I will have "hard numbers" based on those who are participating and if everyone who has expressed interest participates, we "should" be able to keep the number around $1695.00.

Please understand that the above number is NOT CARVED IN STONE. The final price will be 15% above our actual fabrication "out the door" price and not one penny more. Everyone get's the same price as we are not a car dealership or accessory department that plays those kind of games!

We want to give everyone who has an interest in this package the opportunity to participate and that of course will effect the ultimate bottom line price.

I also want those who have expressed there interest in this package to know exactly what I received for $1695.00 plus shipping from Lund Performance when they offered there high flow CTS headers and cats for the 3.6 at retail MSRP.

They were initially offered at $1795.00 depending upon who you might have spoken with on that particular day.

But here is the $1695 or $1795 Lund Package:

• No installation instructions
  • A set of stainless steel headers, cats and two lead cast donut cat mounting flanges.
  • No header gaskets (I was told to re-use the factory OEM header gasket....I'll let you make your own determination on that suggestion!)
  • No header bolts (was told to re-use the OEM header bolts....I will elaborate below.)
  • A pair of 59 cent paper gaskets for the cats
  • No internal extrude honing
  • No isotropic superfinishing
  • No jet-hot coating
  • Flange decks needed resurfacing as the mounting decks were not flat and had leaks in the tig welds on two sets. ( obviously no pressure/flow bench testing).
  • No return telephone calls or emails

I can promise you that you will not receive that from us.

What you will receive is unconditional support and a top-shelf engineered product that we will guarantee and stand behind, no questions asked!

There has NEVER been a buyer of a product from Cadillac MotorSports that has ever been disappointed in our products, service and our intent to always exceed your expectations on every level.

So, you make the choice!

*Block Header Installation ( important):
Installation of these custom headers and cats will take approximately 6 hours by a well qualifed ASE certified technician. The installation has to be done from underneath the vehicle and the working quarters are extremely tight. On a "normal" header installation; it is recommended that the header bolts be "re-torqued" after 500 miles of header "burn-in".

If you were to re-use the OEM header factory bolts as recommended by Lund, you would basically be returning to the installation shop and paying for installation service all over again!

Along with everything outlined above, will supply the (grade 8) Stage 8 self locking header bolt kit with your header package so the re-torquing of the header bolts will not be necessary.

That would be a very expensive lesson to learn the "hard way", but again what you will receive from Cadillac MotorSports, Limited is a complete "turnkey" package ready for a one-time installation.

Thank you again for all of your support and confidence. It has always been our pleasure as well as honor to serve the needs of those members of the Cadillac CTS Owners Group!

best regards:

Pietro (Pete) J. Raimondi, Jr.
Cadillac MotorSports, Limited

·
Registered
413 Posts

That was a little more then I expected, but hell, I'll bite the bullet and fork out the dough. I want those headers bad, and I can't wait to install them with the Borla exhaust, its going to be insane. Now if I can only find a dyno somewhere close by...

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I'm in! :D Need . . . . more . . . . power . . . . (besides an LS6)

Incidentally, Billy Boat stainless 'shorty' headers for the LS1 Corvette run $1369, without cats, extrude hone, or JetHot coating.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts

pietroraimondi said:
we "should" be able to keep the number around $1695.00.
it's do able...

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.