Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me to find where the main ground is supposed to be in the 2006 CTS 2.8...Trying to complete a motor swap and not getting power to any of the electrical system and when the smoke cleared I am left with both ends of the main ground wire and don't know if they are supposed to be in the harness or what... it's been 3 years since I initially pulled and replaced the motor but just now found someone to help with the wiring, any help locating diagrams or fixes would greatly be appreciated

·
Registered
11 Posts
If i am not mistaken there are two cables that look like that. One of them is to ground the computer to the side of the engine. The other one i can’t remember off the top of my head i just remember that it is grounded off the engine bay near where the right front (passenger) wheel well is at.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is the ground for ecm that leads to a bolt on the side of engine right under the first cylinder

this is all i have for now until tomorrow since it is still in the shop

·
Registered
11 Posts
No problem i was tearing my hear out for 3 days wondering why 3/6 cylinders were misfiring and it turned out to be a ground was unplugged for the coils. Good luck and definitely update for any issues or if everything works out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts