Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Seville STS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone seen any body kits for the 98-03 Model Sevilles. I have seen the rear trunk wings but no ground effects kit. I think a Ground Effects kit would make these model Sevilles look sweet. I have seen a kit for the 92-97 models but not the '98 and newer.

I have the picture of the Seville with the Ground Kit on it I think its called the STSi, but I believe that its an actual race car or something. Hella Sweet though.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Post a picture, if you can find it. Sounds a little ricey to me.....

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts
Features specific to the STSi include:

* 320-horsepower rating – 20 more than the production STS Northstar V8
* Enhanced StabiliTrack ® 2.0 chassis control system specially adapted for the high-speed, all-weather conditions of Le Mans
* High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights
* Night Vision technology
* Performance seating with improved lateral support and Cervigard ™ anti-whiplash head restraint and seat system
* 18-inch open-spoke, cast aluminum wheels mated to Goodyear Eagle F1 GS Z-rated P275/40ZR-18 tires
* Larger brakes with oversized rotors, pistons and calipers
* Modified version of the European-configured STS front fascia to increase airflow and improve aerodynamics
* "Argentinium" silver exterior paint first used on Cadillac’s Evoq roadster concept vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Not at all, looks good. I would take off the stickers. But other than that, looks real nice. Looks really fast (and is) with the luxuary of a cadillac!

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
IMHO, any plastic you add to the car is just that -- plastic. What's the difference between that and the boy racer down the street with more plastic on his Honda? Plastic is plastic -- and that Cadillac has a lot of it.

Personally, that's why I prefer the SLS over even the factory STS...the SLS lacks all the plastic cladding that the STS has. I'm not knocking the STS or its owners...just saying that's not my thing.

But how do you define "ricey"? And how is plastic on a Civic ricey and plastic on a Cadillac not ricey?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Because it doesnt have a fart pipe or a wing! And its not a honda!

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
I ain't talkin' about the car, I'm talkin' about the KIT! Adding plastic to your Cadillac. You said the kit sounded ricey (your first post)...but it doesn't look ricey. I was just wonderin' what the distinction was. :)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
BRAIN FART!!

I didnt see the thing about a kit, i just thought this was something that someone made custom. I said it SOUNDED ricey, but when I saw it didnt look too bad. The rice factor can vary from car to car.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I kinda like it! Not so much the looks 'cause it is kinda ricey looking and too much of an attention getter. But I liked the suspension, Brake and perfomance modifications. I like the stock seats in cadillacs so they can keep the hot rod seats too!

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
Yeah, I'm not talking about the REAL mods (brakes, extra 20 horses, etc). I'm making fun of the FAKE mods, like exhaust tips and spoilers and "ground effects" kits. They're ridiculous! The guy drives around, proud to display the crap he just shelled out 1000 bucks for...and in reality, it weighs him down and scrapes on speed bumps!

I get the most joy out of blowing the doors off those kinds of guys when I can -- because they so want and need the attention, but completely lose it if they try to race. I especially like the newer V6 Mustangs that put dual exhaust on their cars... It's still slow, it still sounds like a 6 (only louder), and it's still gonna get whooped by me and my Cadillac, as I blast the A/C on and toast my buns away with the seat heaters! And I paid 10 grand LESS than they did to top it all off!!

I will say that at least that Cadillac could put up the performance to match the perceived "raciness" of the looks. What's really hilarious to me is the '85 Sentra with a smoking tailpipe with purple paint and chrome rims and window tint. But like Katshot said in another post -- some Americans are the most illogical folks in all the world. And somehow, they've got the money to waste on stuff like that. Like some of the mobile homes around here -- small single wide with two brand new Mustangs or Camaros in the gravel drive! At least they got their priorities straight. :)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yeah, I believe that car was a pace car or something like that....I've seen it before!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I also liked the performance stuff. It is an attention getter, but not TOO ricey. It does add some rice, but not too much. If I got it, id take off the front thing, and leave the rest.

·
Registered
Seville STS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well this is America so we are allowed to do dumb sh#t! like add the kit and wheels. I agree with KC I don't want the seats and all changed and I dont care if my car looks faster than it can actually go, because my days of drag racing are long over. I just like to feel the power to accelerate when I need it. I bought the Seville because it was a sport Caddy that moved like a Vette yet comfortable because my first choice was a C5 Vette but it was only two seats and wayyyyyyy to fast for me to drive everyday and not get at least one ticket a week. I like the kit. I wouldnt have all the stickers and stuff just enough of the kit to give my car some attitude if you know what I mean. And yeah KC it was a pace car over in Europe I believe.

But to each his own...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
1200 Sprortster huh? I just finished makin' a real ticket getter out of one of those! It turned out so good that I might just build one of the shop bikes just for fun! The thing turned out amazingly quick!

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
kcnewell said:
1200 Sprortster huh?

Whats a Sprortster? Is that a new model bike? lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts