Cadillac Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
1,227 Posts
Florian said:
...to the tune of Space Odyssey by D. Bowie...

This is Major V to Ground control..Im stepping on the gas...and Im cornering in a most-a-peculiar-wwwaaaayyyyy! And the car handles much better toodaaaaaayyyyyy!

Thanks.

F

Hahahaha.............fantastic!

No worries GC......spring (no pun intended) is a long way away.....take your sweet time!!!!!

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
If anyone is wondering what was causing all the noise... GC says they found this stuck in the suspension:

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Seriously... this was waiting for me when i got home last week... from Veloce.

Thanks man! That was very nice of you... :cheers: :cheers:

:worship: Veloce

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
WOWZERS! that Patron is so friggin smooth...I can taste the sweet heat now.....enjoy. (see avatar)

F

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
That is HILARIOUS Dreamin.:histeric: That was worth the wait. Thanks for volunteering your car for the cause. Now lets :alchi:

·
Registered
04' CTS-V, 04' Escalade EXT
623 Posts
VELOSE said:
Maybe RGD should chime in about his QA1 shocks. The time I visited him a few months back, we came to the conclusion that possibly the shocks/struts were positioned in a way where they could possibly be shorter than the stock units. RGD is running stock size tires on GSD3's. He was rubbing on the front tires under load. The tires were rubbing on the top part of the plastic liner inside the wheel well. On top of this, he also cut the front stock spring and I don't remember how much. He ended up inserting a .375" spacer and supposedly that helped not rubbing as much.
If I didn't have a maggie on my car, I'd opt to be the guinea pig for GC. I'd buy the FG2's and have them do the R&D on it. On the other hand, it would be perfect for them to use WW's car because mine is supercharged, will have Hotchkis sways, and 275 rears. All I'll need is to get some FG2's when I order the coilovers from GC. :D :D
My Chime is as follows!!!
I installed the H&R springs last weekend. The front of the car was about 1/2" to 3/4" too low. The rear wheel-well was at least 3/4" too low. H&R springs are lower than the Eibach's. I am running on Falken Azinas 615's now (255/40/18). There was about 3/8" between the tire side-wall and wheel-well.
QA1's, I'm going to have them checked out as I am stumped. It seems to me they aren't the right fit for this car. When I took my stock shocks off my car the rears were, (I realize self leveling) so much stiffer feeling it wasn't even funny. Two or three times stiffer feeling/harder to compress even when the QA1's were adjusted on setting 12 of 12.
All I know is I have f'd around with, spacers shock adjustments, on, off, on again and again I don't know how many times. Last night I'm driving down the freeway at 70MPH with my two of my kids, 275# total in back seat, a friend 160# passenger and me 230# driver, there was a dip in the road and the car completely bottomed out. You know your driven along and, "Oh SH*T", "did you see that car, it was like the 4th of July with all the sparks"!
My timing has sucked, GC came out two weeks after ordering H&R springs. (Which in my view are too low and not stiff enough), but what do I know. As they say, "the more you learn the less you know" or "knowledge ain't worth a damn thing without no practical experience"! Now I own, 1 set of Eibach's, one set of H&R springs, one set of stock Springs (2/3 coil cut off fronts or back cant remember right now), and a set of Qa1's...All of which I would like to dump in the ocean so I can start fresh!!!
All that said, I am signed up for a performance driving school this Saturday at ThunderHill Raceway and a Laguna Seca Track event on Feb 2nd! So I guess I just keep on keepin on until it works. Next stop, GC.
And yes I know, a cpl weeks ago i was, :D :) ::D jumpin up n down for the H&R springs now I'm :( :crying: :annoyed: :( pissin n cryin again!

With exception my own self-induced crap, I love my trouble free car!! :D

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
RGD,
Did you re-install your stock shocks then? You're better off with the stock shocks on the H&R springs than keeping the QA1's on. If you go to the track with the car that low, you will not make good use of your track time. You will be bottoming out around the track that handling will be so bad, you're going to get even more mad at your suspension. Also, if you bottom out and you start throwing sparks on the track, they will "Black Flag" you. That means you will be asked to exit the track and fix the car. If you get 3 black flags, you will be asked to not participate anymore. Hope this info. helps. :(

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
rgd: that sucks man... call H&R... something it wrong with those springs (wrong part, mfg defect, something).

·
Registered
CTS-V
104 Posts
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who got behind on this thread due to my attendance at the AEE/CES show.

No, the AEE show isn't about people without partners, it's about vendors like me wasting a ton of money on a booth at the AEE show so the CES attendees can pay the show producer $50/person to come in and get autographs and pix with our girls, while we aren't allowed to sell a thing!

By the way - What ever happened to the group buy so often talked about, I'd still love to buy in.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Didn't talk to GC this week, but as of last week, kit availablility is Jan 30

Got a track event tomorrow to test out suspension...weather.com says chance of precipitation: 0% :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Just back from my track event...

WOW! i mean friggin WOW! Car is perfectly balanced, neutral handling to very mild understeer at the limit, roll on the throttle mid-corner and no drama at all... more throttle and the rear *just* starts to step out. Around the long sweepers, I could find the right streering angle and hold it... and steer with the throttle all the way around. I was a little concerned the car would be tail-happy on track... it absolutely is not. The car is neutral enough that this setup should work for the guys running 245s all around and the guys running 245F/275R... the rear will step out with a little less throttle for the 245 guys.

For the FE4 shocks, 500F & 550R springs are the perfect setup. But the limitation of these shocks becomes apparent on track... they are really at the limit... they cannot handle any stiffer spring. The FG2 would be sooo nice... IMHO the 500/550 would work with the FG2 perfectly and you'd still have a nice ride... (But the FG2s could handle stiffer springs).

And no noise issues... if they're not sqeaking or creaking after the punishment they got today... that problem has been solved.

...i dont mean to keep posting these super-positive reviews... especially when the da*n things are available yet... it's just very rare to find a mod that isn't "two steps forward and one step backward"... I have yet to find a negative with this mod.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Nice, Dreamin...good to hear they worked well for you. They should be a fantastic compliment to the FG2s. Please give us a little more on the track day...I can't say how much I'd love to track the V, but I don't think its going to be around much longer. Giving the V a chance to run and shine on a roadcourse would probably be heaven, I'm sad that I'll never be able to do it.

Please give us a write up, though...I do enjoy them so much.
-ace

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, here is how the Cadillac Forums promotional coupon works!

You go to the Ground Control Suspension website, www.groundcontrolstore.com. You can find the Cadillac CTS-V kit several ways; the easiest is to search for CTS-V in the upper left search field.
Then, after selecting spring rates and shock types, you are allowed to check out and buy the kit!

You will have to fill out the entire name and address stuff before you will have an opportunity to enter the coupon code. Have faith, it may seem like you are going to get charged, but right before the end of the secure server process, you will be asked if you have a code. The Cadillac Forums promotional code is “GCCTSV” This brings the price down to $449. After this is when you will give the final “okay” to make the purchase.

This code is not publicized anywhere but here and now. It is the only way I can reward the patience of the users of this forum. There is a limit of 40, but if they go fast, we will do it again.

In the spring choice menu, there is an option for us to call you to discuss the best rates for you, we will call you on the next weekday and quickly discuss your options.

Thanks again to the Cadillac Forum members who helped us develop this kit.

Jay and Stan

PS the coupon starts Thursday 12am, July 20th

81 - 100 of 101 Posts