Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
ace, keep me updated on the autocross schedule in your neck of the woods. My married buddy from Staten Island is starting to get tired of the wife and hounds me for not visiting him more(man, I'm glad I'm single). Getting some seat time kind of kills 2 birds with one stone. Before summer, I'll be looking to get 275 tires on the rear, Hotchkis bars and the GC coilovers. I'm still toying with the idea of getting the QA1s for the heck of it.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
Maybe RGD should chime in about his QA1 shocks. The time I visited him a few months back, we came to the conclusion that possibly the shocks/struts were positioned in a way where they could possibly be shorter than the stock units. RGD is running stock size tires on GSD3's. He was rubbing on the front tires under load. The tires were rubbing on the top part of the plastic liner inside the wheel well. On top of this, he also cut the front stock spring and I don't remember how much. He ended up inserting a .375" spacer and supposedly that helped not rubbing as much.

If I didn't have a maggie on my car, I'd opt to be the guinea pig for GC. I'd buy the FG2's and have them do the R&D on it. On the other hand, it would be perfect for them to use WW's car because mine is supercharged, will have Hotchkis sways, and 275 rears. All I'll need is to get some FG2's when I order the coilovers from GC. :D :D

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
thebigjimsho said:
ace, keep me updated on the autocross schedule in your neck of the woods. My married buddy from Staten Island is starting to get tired of the wife and hounds me for not visiting him more(man, I'm glad I'm single). Getting some seat time kind of kills 2 birds with one stone. Before summer, I'll be looking to get 275 tires on the rear, Hotchkis bars and the GC coilovers. I'm still toying with the idea of getting the QA1s for the heck of it.
No problem, Jim. I'd love to set-up a V Freak-for-all at a BMW AutoX and let those guys hear what real engines sound like!!! And I pitty them if we have the GC/Hots set-up...
-ace

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Ace: Hear you concerns... but there are going to be LOTs of variations on V's... 100% stock, maggie, spare tire in the rear, 150lbs drivers, 250lbs drivers, wheels, different tires, bars, and most important personal taste... A long track racer may want less rotation than an auto-Xer.

Between my car and WW's car... GC will be able to give us 'baseline' recommendationed springs rates...which 90% will be happy with... for the rest of the tweakers... we will find the "sweet-spot" we like. The springs *only* come is 50lbs increments... so we dont have infinite possibilties... if the car's not working for you... going up or down 1 spring rate on one end will most likely fix it.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Just got back in town (was at CES and AVN/AEE :lildevil: )...

Car has been at GC since last week to solve the 'thunking' noise... talk to them today and the car is now thunk-free... i'm picking it up tomorrow and will post an update after I see them.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Still limping the Maggie along so I won't hold up development...am even ready to put real tires back on the V :devil:

Keep me posted Dreamin

WW

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
Dreamin said:
Just got back in town (was at CES and AVN/AEE :lildevil: )...

Car has been at GC since last week to solve the 'thunking' noise... talk to them today and the car is now thunk-free... i'm picking it up tomorrow and will post an update after I see them.
Naughty boy! What's the connection between CES and AVN/AEE... computer controlled thingamajigies for people without partners?;)

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I have good news and I have bad news.

The good news is after 3 trips to GC and a few design changes... the kit now makes No Noise... no thunks... no squeaks... complete silence.

The bad news is while they have all their parts in stock... Eibach just back ordered their race springs (500lb, 550lb, even 600lb) for 2 weeks. (I was standing right there when they called Eibach... so this is not a BS 'story' due to some other delay).

That puts availablity of the kit ~Jan 30.

A small plus to the delay is that I have a track event Jan 21... so i'll be able to test the kit on track and provide them feedback on the spring rates.

Bear with these guys... it really is a phenomenal setup.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
99m3 said:
Thanks for the update and I don't care about the delay, I'm waiting on the coilovers.
:yeah:

Also, GC is getting us results faster than H&R springs has. I really think H&R missed the boat. I'm going "All In" with GC. I'll be back from vacation on the 30th too so it'll be right in time to order my coilovers.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
...to the tune of Space Odyssey by D. Bowie...

This is Major V to Ground control..Im stepping on the gas...and Im cornering in a most-a-peculiar-wwwaaaayyyyy! And the car handles much better toodaaaaaayyyyyy!

Thanks.

F

·
Registered
Orginal owner; 2004 CTS-V
566 Posts
Dreamin said:
Bear with these guys... it really is a phenomenal setup.
I'm SOLD...
I'm SOLD...
I'm SOLD...
I'm SOLD...

:bighead:

61 - 80 of 101 Posts