Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Oh Dreamin,
BTW, while you talk to GC, can they make us a set of stiffer poly bushings for the various suspension/differential mounts? :)

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Dreamin said:
Someone educate me on the CTS suspension... is the diameter of the front shock the same on CTS and CTS-V?
Nope. The CTS front shock (at least the FE3s) is about a quarter inch less in diameter (thickness). Also, the lower spring perch is welded on, unlike the V perch, which is free to rotate and rides on a C-clip in a groove on the strut body. This won't work in the front of a regular CTS, unless one upgrades to FE4's (as I did).

The Eibachs on a CTS only drop 1.2", which is right about the same ride height as GC recommends. I installed FE4's with my Eibachs, and shimmed the fronts up about 7mm for a final ride height right around 27" front and rear (+/- ~1/8"). This looks like a great solution for Vs, though. The Eibachs on a CTS are just under 400lbs/in, but the car is 10% lighter, which will feel as stiff as ~440 lbs/in on a V.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks to everyone that work to get this done. I am so glad that I waited. I can hardly wait for the GB but I will. Count me in.

·
Banned
340 Posts
dannystang said:
Damnit more money on the V

Ok add me to the GB.

Did we have to post this near the holiday time?
Or while we can't even drive our vehicles cause they are in for service!

·
Registered
CTS-V
107 Posts
Count me in for a GB when it comes around. Just cancelled my order from Tire Rack for H&R springs. Told at least another 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'm in on the GB. Great job, that ride height is PERFECT.

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
In on the Group Buy immediatley. Please post as soon as they are ready to roll.

Finally; a turnkey coilover kit for the FE4.....job well done!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just a good word about Ground Control, we used their parts on several Audi race cars for years and they were excellent! Jay is very knowledgable and anything they put out is usually a winner straight out of the gate! These will be on my car pretty damn quick!

I am curious to hear what the difference was when really pushed hard in the corners.

Now the only thing missing is a poly bushing kit to get rid of the "mounted and 100lbs of rubber" feeling!

·
Registered
05 V/corsa/shifter/bushings/stealth tune/cai/19inch hre's
843 Posts
on the driving pic, it looks like it could go up a hair in the rear...if it works with the 19' that are my car, im in also...245 40 19...:thumbsup: looks great!!!

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
SBones, if some of these guys with 20" wheels and eibach lowering springs don't rub, you surely won't either. Specially since you can dial in your own height with the adjustable coilovers. ;)

·
Banned
340 Posts
Is it just me or is this going to be one of the most anticipated mods for the CTS-V?

Jan 4th seems so long from now!

BTW if anyones interested I have access to NASCAR style scales that go under each wheel to setup conerwieghts, just swing on by some weekend. Sounds like GC has already done this research but it may be helpfull for owners who have added wieght on the front end, for instince a Magnacharger. Or if the owner of the vehicle is 350+lbs:p . Of course if you cornerwieght your car for your own wieght you are truly a sick individual!

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
GTP said:
Of course if you cornerwieght your car for your own wieght you are truly a sick individual!

Cornerweighting is usually done by sick individuals, and should certainly involve the driver's weight and fuel-load.:thumbsup:

It is certainly a very anticipated release, and long overdue. Thanks again to those who made this possible.
-ace

·
Registered
Orginal owner; 2004 CTS-V
566 Posts
This is my first visit to the forum in a couple of weeks and what a time to visit.

I'm in on the group buy. Kit parts and specs look great!!!

Thanks Dreamin:worship:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I dont understand, if this is a ground control coilover kit - why are there eibach springs mentioned in the write up and visible in the pictures.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Got a couple PM's on this too... let me explain. The springs you see in my pics above are NOT the 1.6"F and 1.2"R Eibach Pro-Kit 'street' springs for the V you get from Tirerack, etc.

Eibach has two product lines: a 'Street' spring line and a 'Race' spring line.

The Eibach street springs are made custom for each car, correct length, correct taper, whatever spring rate Eibach thinks is correct for your car. And for most cars the street springs are progressive.

Street springs are different shapes, sizes, for every car.

The Eibach race springs come in one shape... flat ends, no taper, a few set diameters, and any linear spring rate you want. They will not fit in any car 'as is'.

ALL Eibach race springs look exactly like this.

What GC has done is built a kit that fits the V, and uses Eibach Race springs. With this kit, YOU decide how low you want the car (not someone else)... and YOU decide what spring rate you want (of course GC has recommendations... as will we on the forum). And 4 race springs come Included in the GC coil-over kit... the kit comes with everything you need.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts