Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V/'99 Deville Concours
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm, where 2 begin...? Just copped a "99 Concours w/ 47k on her. Overall I love it and it and exudes a personality SOOO diff from my CTS. Confounded by a few matters though. 1st, from a stop, as soon as I touch the accelerator, I get a weird grinding noise from the front end. It sounds like the front wheels. Color me clueless. Secondly, I have "Service Stability System" and "ABS" lights popping up on the DIC intermittently. These mssgs pop on and off w/ apparently no particular behaviors or driving mode from me. When I cut the ignition and kick back on, they'll be gone. But then they may pop up later. Its not constant but it makes me worry and annoys the heck out of me. Now I'm wondering if these issues are related. The grinding from the front end is always there, the DIC mssgs just every now and then. Does anyone have an idea if these issues may be related? Are these problems common to that generation of Devilles? It would be a great help if someone could give me a starting point, thanks.

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
Grinding noise sounds like exhaust pipe hitting undercar brace. Look behind the cat..Search the forum on how to check codes and tell us the C.... codes.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the input, cadillac tech. If thats all there is to it, I'll jump for joy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The grinding is a constant thing HOWEVER forceful or not I accelerate. I checked for codes and could'nt pull a thing. I guess I'll just run her back to the dealer and check what the service guys have to say.

·
Registered
1999 Deville, 1987 Eldorado
109 Posts
Jack up the front end, put her on stands, run the engine up to no more than 30 MPH, and if you hear a noise its the wheel bearing.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well now, I've been in the CTS so much I had'nt had the time to address the grinding issue in the Concours. Now I've just pulled a code, and it seems to be right wheel sensor. Strange though, when I checked before, I could'nt pull a code at all. No matter, i'll take it to my guy and have it straightened out now. Thanks to anybody who offered their input here on the board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts