Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting some kind of grinding sound on right turns... I took it to the dealer and they said it was my bmr brace rubbing on something, but that doesnt make sense... That seems to be a stationary part thats bolted directly to the rear end... It is only on right turns to... Trans mounts maybe?

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I am getting some kind of grinding sound on right turns... I took it to the dealer and they said it was my bmr brace rubbing on something, but that doesnt make sense... That seems to be a stationary part thats bolted directly to the rear end... It is only on right turns to... Trans mounts maybe?

Any ideas?
I do not know, but some thoughts are as follows:

1) If the noise is at the rear of the car during right hand turns there are a limited number of differences between right hand turns and left hand turns in terms of rear end activity. For one thing the right rear tire is traveling less than than left rear tire, which means (a) the right rear rotor is turning slower than the left; and (b) the right side limited slip clutch is slipping more than the left side. this suggest checking rotors for signs of grind-related wear and make sure the differential for quantity and quality of fluid are good especially the limited slip additive if your running a fluid such as the OEM juice that requires it. It could also involve a transmission mount.

2.) If the noise is at the front of the car there are a number parts that are affected differently by right hand turns as opposed to left hand turns including all the steering components as well as rotors. It could also be a motor mount.

·
Registered
Cadillac
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not know, but some thoughts are as follows:

1) If the noise is at the rear of the car during right hand turns there are a limited number of differences between right hand turns and left hand turns in terms of rear end activity. For one thing the right rear tire is traveling less than than left rear tire, which means (a) the right rear rotor is turning slower than the left; and (b) the right side limited slip clutch is slipping more than the left side. this suggest checking rotors for signs of grind-related wear and make sure the differential for quantity and quality of fluid are good especially the limited slip additive if your running a fluid such as the OEM juice that requires it. It could also involve a transmission mount.

2.) If the noise is at the front of the car there are a number parts that are affected differently by right hand turns as opposed to left hand turns including all the steering components as well as rotors. It could also be a motor mount.

rear is brand new... could be rotor or trans mount... engine mounts were just done also, and it is still there. thanks for the help... Maybe i will just try the otherdealership...

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Me too. Have them check your steering (vacuum?) hoses. I had to have mine replaced due to the very same issue. Grinding only on right hand turns. It was reduced after they did that. But it's back (within a couple months). And it's much worse. Not to mention a lot of other problems. Much more creeking/moaning and binding/releasing cracking sounds from the front end. When I turn off / start the engine, I also get a grinding/rubbing sound. I think they might not have torqued down the engine cradle. Although, at this point, I really don't know what the hell they did. Go in with one problem, come out with more (plus the original, of course). Yay fer me!

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
I have the same grinding noise when turning. After turning on the engine there is a knocking, bumping sound too. It also happens at other various low rpm times as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts