Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my first purchase is going to be a new grill. I am going to follow that up with some tint in September and a new set of rims inthe spring. I am thinking of the MODA MD2's. Definately going to 18 inchers.

I have seen quite a few ads and places that sell the grills but theres so many available. I see on EBAY There are a few places that sell them. Has anyone bought theirs from EBAY. If so can you recommend a good seller to purchase. Can I get upgraded grills from dealers ?

Can anyone give me any advice on the best place to get a grill and maybe a picture of your grill to see how it looks. My car is light platinum

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
i know those rims, VERY GOODLOOKING!

u got quite a few options as far as grilles...

sports grille (very nice & sorta resembles the 08 style)
cts-v wire grille
cts-v grille & have it powdercoated
strut grille
t-rex grille
stock grille painted to match body color
or the e&g, like i have :D

but if u do want a mesh grille, you should get one thats stainless steel one... and yes many people buy off them off ebay.

-mike

·
Registered
CTS
343 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
-=looks up at the ebay auction=- oh yeah. those are knock offs of knock offs of knock offs of billet grilles.

I have an upper and lower set sitting around if you are interested.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Search the board; there are a million threads on grills...including pics.

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
i bought a CTS-V grill off of ebay from jenningsparts. they are a chevrolet/cadillac dealership in illinois. it was an OEM cadillac grill, and not an aftermarket one. i paid $315 + $15 for shipping. very fast shipping & very professional.

here is one they are listing right now http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-Type-V-CTS-V-Stainless-Wire-Grille-Grill_W0QQitemZ200141880472QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33645QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I bought mine from them too. Their prices went up though! I got it about 6 months ago for $265. It's a genuine GM part. Fits perfect. Here's a pic. (not on a platinum though)

·
Registered
'07 CTS 3.6L Thunder Grey
16 Posts
I am trying to decide between a v grille and a sport grille. Only problem is I can't find a sport grille in thunder gray. Anybody know where I can find one?

·
Registered
2007 CTS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been in contact with two dealers both are out of stock. Seems their kind of hard to get. Luke at Lindsay says they are out of stock until end of Month. Jennings in Chicago says GM is out and has no idea when they will arrive and dont \seem all that interested in finding out when they wil have them

The sport grille is very nice.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
247 Posts
I can't find a sport grille period. Does anyone know where to find one and if it will even fit with an 04 non-V bumper?

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
gaugeguru, contact Luke at Lindsay Cadillac (forum vendor here) -- they have great prices & those who buy from them have been more than satisfied.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
I can't find a sport grille period. Does anyone know where to find one and if it will even fit with an 04 non-V bumper?
If Lindsay can't get one I don't know where you can get it. But it will fit...the sport grill is standard OEM, and interchangeable with the base grill or the V grill.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
247 Posts
Go with the sport grille, it will make your car look newer. All of our cars will start looking old soon when the new CTS comes out in a few weeks.

Normally I'm only into black but Dubbed Stealth car is probably the nicest I've seen.

Do you guys think there's much of a difference between the V-Bumper and the regular bumper? I can see the diff, but it doesn't look significant to me as say the V-Grill vs. egg crate vs sport.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts