Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, All:

I just found this forum and it seemed like just the place!

Having driven ordinary cars all my life, I wanted a chance to drive something extraordinary. I looked at various cars on-line in newpaper ads and on various car lots. Nothing seemed to be just the car I wanted. Eventually, I started looking at cars on eBay. I thought that I wanted a Jag XJR but they are expensive and purported to have a number of mechanical problems. With no local dealer in my area, having a Jag fixed could be a significant problem. Then, one night in early August 2003, I found "IT"! A silver 1999 Cadillac Eldorado. It was an absolutely gorgeous car and the minute I laid eyes on it, I KNEW that it was THE car for me. I bid on the car a number of times, won the auction, but the reserve price was not met and the car remained unsold. I was very disappointed but vowed to continue my search. A week later, the exact same car was again up for auction on eBay. Once again I bid for the car several times. This time, however, I got it and the reserve was met. It look 2 weeks for the paperwork to get sorted out and the car delivered but was it ever worth the wait. This baby had 27,053 miles on it and looked like a brand new car. I drove it home from the roadside rest area a few miles from home where we picked it up. It drove like a dream and turned out to be an incredible bargain for under $20k with tax and delivery included. This car has no CD player, although I fully intend to add a CD changer to the trunk. It has the premium sound system, gray leather, and almost new Michelin radials. It corners like it's on rails and goes like a bat. I can't believe how strong the Northstar 4.6L V8 engine is... and I get a little over 24 mpg while I am at it. This car is definitely a dream come true for me and I look forward to enjoying it for a LONG time. I've attached a photo of it but am new at this sort of thing so it may not work. I hope that it does as this is one sweet machine and I want folks to see it. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the Sandman said:
Welcome to the CadillacForums! Congratulations on your first Cadillac...it looks awesome!

Thanks for registering! :yup:
You're most welcome, Sandman, and thanks for the greeting.

I appreciate the effort that you have made to create this great web site. I'll be prowling the various areas of it and hope to learn lots about Caddys. :)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard... Thanks for signing up :wave:

Great looking cadillac...... The eldorado is a classic... Anyone can tell that they are cadillacs! I love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts