Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'66 SDV, '76 FWB, '80 Hearse, '71 Riviera & '75 Chevy RV
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well hello there! My name is Josh Noiles, and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I've been following these forums since September and I've finally joined up. I'm a university student, and I've always loved big American cars, and my family loves GM.

My dad has been passed down the love of cars from his father, and he works at a garage. I drive a 1985 Pontiac Parisienne Sedan w/ 305 4bbl, a 1981 GMC Sierra 1500 w/ 250 inline six and the reason I joined this forum, a 1989 Cadillac Brougham w/ 307 4bbl. My parents’ family car is a 2001 Saturn SW200 station wagon w/ 2.2L inline 4.

The Cadillac is the only vehicle that wasn’t purchased by my family new from the dealer. Last, shortly before my high school graduation, my friend and I were driving past the local car dealership and saw a big red Cad parked out front. I went in and was informed that it came from the estate of an old man who’s name was actually Mr. Geezer. I took some pictures, and went home and argued to my dad that at $2400, the car was too good to pass up. He had his mechanic come up, and he and I took it for a test drive, deciding that she wasn’t a lemon. We bought it and I’ve been paying my dad back ever since, but man, it was worth it. I wanted a car like this to look after, and I’m going to keep it for a long time. She was bought new in South Carolina, and then brought up here sometime in the mid 1990s. It’s an American car, with miles on the speedo instead of km, which is a bit of a rarity up here. It’s got 50, 000 miles on it, wire hubcaps, maroon velour interior. Missing the wood cover on the radio knobs, and the front driver’s arm rest is cracked, but everything else is here, and works. It has the 307, single exhaust, AC, trunk pull-down am/fm/cassette etc. Normal Brougham stuff. She’s rust free, and never winter driven. I’ve got the gold keys, a sweet caddy keychain and all the original /manuals/literature. It seems every old person in our province has the “Nova Scotia” vanity plate, with a lighthouse picture on it, and this car was no exception. It also had a wheelchair tag on the plate. Those came off and I installed an old plate from ’62. The car is slow, but shifts strong, and is very comfortable. It rides fine, but I feel the air shocks in the back need replaced, as the compressor runs more often than it should. Other than that it’s got new tires, new battery, full tune up, good brakes etc.

Plans? As everyone else, I’d love to find the wire wheels, but that’s just a bit of a dream. Fixing up the armrest, the shocks and other minor bits and pieces. I’d like to install some true dual exhaust (we’ve already done headers and duals on the Parisienne, makes a big difference), but other than that, I want to keep this a classy original car, that I can keep in good shape, and take to shows. It gets lots of compliments from young and old a like, and people always have a story to tell about so and so who owned one, or how they had one and insist they havn’t owned a better car since. They really don’t build ‘em like they used to. Glad to see you guys have the same love of these beautiful vehicles. They’re certainly make driving a special experience, and have lots of character. Any questions/comments welcome. Good to be here.

Yeah, my car looks a lot like Dopestar’s. It’d be tough to tell them apart in a parking lot. Mine’s not d’elegance though. Question: is my car wired for working opera lights? Or are mine decorations? They’re on the center pillar, are very thin, and of course, do not work. Anyone know if they ever did? Thanks!

Edit: in the pictures you'll notice I've got rubber floor mats in the front. I do have the original carpet ones, they're in the trunk, those were just put in by someone else, and i find them easier to clean than the carpet mats. Also, you can see my Pontiac in the pictures as well. It has Cragar SS rims on it as of right now, but I just bought a set of original 15" Pontiac Rally II's with correct trim rings/centers for the late 70s Bonnevilles/Parisiennes. I want the car to have a more original look, so they're going on as soon as I get them 100% ready, and then I might put the Cragars/whitewalls on the caddy for a while... or not, we'll see. :D

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
254 Posts
Welcome to the forum brougham geezer! Very nice cars! As for the opera lamps yes at one time they worked. I have an 87 with one working opera lamp. There are a few threads on here about repairing them but I haven't tried any of them as of yet. Working ones are hard to find. Here are some pics of my Brougham for your enjoyment
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2168774

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nova Scotia ! ! That's a far pace from Arlington, Texas where this baby started life.

Looks like a beauty. Glad to see a young person with so much on the ball.

Regards.

·
Registered
01 STS, 92 Roadmaster, 01 SLS-sold, 88 Brougham-crushed
1,392 Posts
haha, hey dope. now we've got triplets here.

me, you and brougham geezer. sweeeet!

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
That looks like a nice car and I like the colour. I looked at a 1988 or 1989 Brougham when I got my 1991 but I wanted the newer kind more. It was a normal Brougham too but it was grey. The wheels from the Parasienne won't fit on the Cadillac. It uses a different bolt pattern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts