Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
...Reloaded
1,698 Posts
Hey Sinister Angel - Welcome to the CadillacForums. This place has been growing pretty fast, but I have a funny feeling it's *really* gonna take off now. It will be interesting to watch what a sudden large infusion of members from another site will do here...

Thanks for registering and enjoy the Board!

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Welcome, Sinister Angel!

I visited your fair city many times in my youth. My grandparents had a cabin on a lake in Kalkaska.

The only thing I remember about Traverse City was that somewhere in town there was a fountain or something with a huge multi-colored fish in the middle of it. I'm guessing it was a rainbow trout.

Am I right? Or did I just dream this up? It was over 30 years go, after all.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, it isn't TC. I think I know what you're talking about thought, I just don't know what town it is.

I have a few friends in Kalkaska, already had some snow, too!

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Sinister Angel said:
Hmmm, it isn't TC. I think I know what you're talking about thought, I just don't know what town it is.

I have a few friends in Kalkaska, already had some snow, too!
From what I remember, summer only lasts about two weeks up there!

Could the city I remember have been Petoskey? It wasn't Cheboygan, I remember that much.

The lake in Kalkaska (I think) was called "Log Lake" or something like that. It was fed by a natural spring. You'd be swimming around in what you thought was warm water and then, WHAM! you'd get hit by a gush of 30-degree water from the spring. Talk about shrinkage!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might have been Elk Rapids. I know they have a big swan, but I think they might have a fish too, not sure. It's been a while since I've taken a random trip out there.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Never been there, that I recall.

This was back in the early 70's. My uncle Roy had the Michelob distributorship for the state of Michigan back in the 50's. Just about all of the aunts and uncles are dead now. The ones left behind own a marina in Cheboygan.

They cursed me by making me a Tiger fan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
Elvis