Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I am of course, a new member here, I hail from Ohio, and I drive(on weekends) an '85 Fleetwood Brougham, as seen in my sig.

It has 99,000 miles on it, a few rust spots here 'n there, and of course, the notorious HT4100 with its 135hp and 200 ft lbs of fury!:D

I'm trying to decide what to do with it engine wise, even though the HT4100 is in good condition right now, I don't expect that to last forever.

My first weapon of choice would be a 500. Problems I'm running into with that, make me nervous to try it without some serious investments.

First off, the '85 was controlled with around a billion sensors, so I know i would need a new computer to start. Im worried about messing up the climate control, fuel economy(even though it wouldbt work anyway) and anything else electrical.

Second, anyone ever try to find a 500? They are getting pretty hard to spot, and ones you do seem to hit, they want salot of money for them.

my next weapon of choice, would be a 425. More abundant yes, but still, I run into my electrical gremlins.

Next on the list, replacing it with another 4100, or a 4500 or 4900.

I REALLY dont want to go with another 4100, and I dont even know if they make RWD versions of the 4.5 and 4.9.

Last option, and this is DEAD last, would be to have a GM 350 installed.
This is worst case scenerio, as I like to keep brands together, but if I absolutely HAVE to, then I will.

Sorry for the long first post, but I look forward to being here awhile, and hearing any ideas you guys might have.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Welcome to the Asylum. I think the 500 would be your best bet. Down here they ain't that bad. I picked one up for $100. But thats from my secret junkyard. :D

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Hi Jordan! Welcome aboard... And thanks for signing up! You might want to bring your questions up in the Fleetwood/DeVille forum or possibly the Pushrod Performance and Techical Information forum. I bet you'd get a faster response there...

Nice Fleetwood! I'm looking for a '95 but I'd love to have one of those as well!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I posted my intro somewhere around 2 am, and didnt think about all I said til today... not sure why I posted my dilema.. sorry about that..:D

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
857 Posts
Hey Jordan, Welcome!!
I haven't tried to find a 500...but I had bought a whole 74 Coupe with a 500 in it for $100...running & driving & in nice org condition. They are out there..just gotta look! :D

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
W E L C O M E
To the Cadillac Forums Hoop! My 87' FWD Deville has a 4100 under the hood > it has 144k and runs like a dream > I just had a brand new water pump and A/C Compressor installed, the car looks new inside and out and the engine is super clean.
I will have to agree with MadLac on the 500 due to the fact your car is much heavier than mine > the 500 would be a good upgrade for your Ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts