Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Greg Campos I am a 40 y/o (this Wed) dentist from Effingham IL. I have had the pleasure of driving a 06 CTS-V, Stealth Grey with black interior for the past 18 months and 28K miles.
My only mods are drop in K&N, GM optional rims (compliments of Luke at Linsey Cadillac)and PS2 255/40/18. The car was a GM exec car with 3K miles on and was bought certified from Chesrown Cadillac and still has the "No Smoking in Company Vehicles" sticker on the drivers side window.
I am coming from Modded 86 GN/87 blue T-type/Stage II H &C C5/pullied 99 Rivi. All of which I still have except for the T. I have left the V relatively unmolested...... and its killing me! I plan on putting alot of miles on the car until I can get a 09 V used like I did with my current V. Because I dont plan on keeping the V, I dont want to spend alot of money on mods. I plan on picking up used headers, intake manifold, Kooks , X-pipe if posible, Corsa and Stealth V CAI.
What can I expect to pay on E-bay for the above listed parts and what will a dyno tune cost me. What kind of HP/TQ can I expect? I do not want to void my 100K certified warranty and want to keep it a stock appearing sleeper. Any tuners want a mule car (heads would be nice)?? Anyone returning to stock?????
Last question, I noticed the MAF was lacking a screen. Did the LS2 come without or was it descreened while in the GM fleet?
The car is a blast and gets tons of looks. I find it gets lots of looks form the ladies and law enforcement. I have been pulled over three times and ticketed twice.

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
What can I expect to pay on E-bay for the above listed parts and what will a dyno tune cost me.
Good luck finding parts for this car on ebay. Call TByrne theyll give you a nice deal (mention this forum).
Id say you could see 400 rwhp if you do it correctly. I have an ls6 and my has a screen, but i cant speak for ls2's.

·
Registered
Cadillac
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may leave the exhaust stock. How restrictive is the stock exhaust and would it handicap the headers? My concern is that header and exhaust may attract the attention of law enforcement. How much is there to gain with the FAST intake minifiold? I was just on TBrynes website, lots of possible Bday presents!

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
:welcome:

Modding the V is a pleasure and there are a few musts.

Bushings for the shifter
CTS console
FG2 Shocks
Hotchkis sways

The rest of the items I have installed I'm really happy with and if I had to do over I would.

Good luck with trying to hold Back!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Headers alone do not appreciably increase exhaust sound. It passed the "wife test" in that she did not notice the change. Long-tube headers will produce more hp than just a muffler change.
As for used headers, why bother? Your overall savings may be marginal, particularly if the used headers leak or loose their coating.

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
welcome and if your around howard johnsons sept-21-23 stop by and say hey as i will be up there for funfest with my old corvette club buddies. we are usually out in the parking lot drinking and socializing at night.

·
Registered
Cadillac
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welcome and if your around howard johnsons sept-21-23 stop by and say hey as i will be up there for funfest with my old corvette club buddies. we are usually out in the parking lot drinking and socializing at night.
I am planning on being around. Anyone else planning on attending Funfest?

·
Registered
Cadillac
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Headers alone do not appreciably increase exhaust sound. It passed the "wife test" in that she did not notice the change. Long-tube headers will produce more hp than just a muffler change.
As for used headers, why bother? Your overall savings may be marginal, particularly if the used headers leak or loose their coating.
If I leave the stock exhasut on, I figure I will lose 3 to 5 HP/TQ, is this correct? I like the cabin quiet.

·
Registered
Cadillac
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My pop up blocker is preventing instant messages from getting through and my computer skills are pretty limited, so no luck on reading them and much less on responding .
greg

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Get the Corsa exhaust. It is still quiet in the cabin under most driving conditions. The only time it gets loud is when you want it to, under hard acceleration. Headers and a Corsa is such a sweet sound. Again, not loud just really really nice sounding.

Oh, and welcome.

·
Registered
'06 Raven V [SOLD]
333 Posts
Get the Corsa exhaust. It is still quiet in the cabin under most driving conditions. The only time it gets loud is when you want it to, under hard acceleration. Headers and a Corsa is such a sweet sound. Again, not loud just really really nice sounding.

Oh, and welcome.

I agree with Kadonny, Corsa is the way to go (but to each their own). It's a little more noticable over stock at idle, get on it and it wakes up as he mentioned. WOT sounds sweet but not too crazy. There's no drone either.

Kooks headers + Corsa - Corsa resonator + X-pipe = :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts

In terms of mods, I'd put the following in terms of "most important:"

(in no particular order)

a. Dyno tune
b. UUC Shifter (or similar, aftermarket shifter)
c. CTS Armrest
d. Anti-wheel hop kit

A aftermarket exhaust is also very cool. I would try and attend a V meet and HEAR all the exhaust systems you possibly can, THEN make your decision. The most popular are (a) Zoomers, (b) Corsa, (c) Magnaflow, and (d) B&B. They all sound different & all are good choices over the stock systems. One thing to note--do NOT get an aftermarket exhaust system with the idea of big power gains. In general, they don't yield significant power gains.

Personally, my 2 favorites are Zoomers (which I own) and Corsa (which I almost purchased). At WOT, Corsa is louder in my mind, but Zoomers has a more (what I like to call) "refined" muscle car sound. I doubt you'd be disappointed with either, but I strongly recommend that you hear all the systems you possibly can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts