Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are in Italy for two weeks on vacation touring Tuscany, Umbria and the Cinque Terre. The hotel here ih Rapallo has free wireless connection, so I thought I would check e-mail and drop a line to the Cadillac Owners Forum. Our rental car is a Peugot 207. Manual tranny 4 banger with only 75 horsepower! Man, how I wish I had my 3.6 CTS here. The roads are great for driving, very smooth, great conditions and the side roads in Tuscany are filled with twisties. Its a driver's dream!

So far I have had the Peugot up to 170 km/h = 105mp/h (top speed with all our baggage and the two of us. Car winds out in the low gears, but is a snail from 3rd - 5 th.

Seen many nice Alpha Romeo, Fiat and so far one Ferrari. Gas is 1.3 Euro/Liter, that's about $5.30 a gallon given the conversion and the really weak dollar right now!

Being here on vacation is nice, but it confirms in my mind that the USA is the best! Europe has great leather goods, clothes and shoes, but the USA has the best conveniences, freedom of the markets, and kick ass transportation like the CTS that would blow the doors off most of their so-called premium cars! Enjoy and be glad that the good 'ol USA still reigns supreme! (at least in this man's point of view).

Ciao!

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
:patriot:Nice man enjoy!
Take some nice pictures of those sweet looking cars if you can! Post them up when you get back!

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6
281 Posts
must be nice up there, i'm from italy. My family is from bitonto (right next to bari) on the southeastern side of the boot. Beautiful country, but you are 100% correct that the US is a much better place to live (except for the food).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ciao from Milan!

UPDATE::::

Today (Friday) my wife and I made the 137 mile trek from Rapallo to Milan. Drove the little Peugeot as fast as we could. The car is fun in tight, little turns and in city driving on the little Italian city streets (I could only imagine the CTS trying to squeeze through the tight arches and between buildings and parked cars in the Italian cities!!!). No power, but man, that Peugeot was great on gas. Drove 2,600 km on just a tank and a half of gas (even with a small tank). Turned the car back in to Hertz as we are in our final destination. All was safe and sound.

Awesome car sightings: saw the new Maserati Quattroporto up close and personal on the street at the Victor Emanuel Galleria. Beautiful car inside and out. Also saw a few Ferrari on the street. Very sweet.

Great vacation, I recommend Tuscanny and the Cinque Terre to anyone, but can't wait to get back to good ol American ceature comforts like an enclosed stand up shower that doesn't spray water all over the bathroom!

Looking forward to firing up the CTS again when I get home Sunday. I can only imagine me driving it on the twisty roads of Italy as everything is boring grid pattern at home!

Ciao!

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Go to PA next time. No sales tax on clothing. Exceptional mountains in n c part of state.

Also, a 'grand canyon of PA' in far north central part--just south of Coudersport. They even have 2 or 3 traffic lights there now. Don't even think of going up there in winter. They will never find your bones until May or June.

If your wife kills you for taking here there, it is not my fault. On the other hand, if she like hunting bear, that is the place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts