Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
I just bought myself a 2005 Escalade as a weekend / holiday family car :) Overall very happy with the current state of it - especially underside, considering our harsh polish winters. I need to do a brake job on it, but besides that everything works - air suspension, air conditioning, even mirrors fold nicely. Has around 130K miles on it.
And since I'm here, any recommendations for brake tube manufacturers? Any recommendations for EU based shops, or at least good ones that ship to EU?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,690 Posts
I have moved your question to the correct Escalade page. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone!
I just bought myself a 2005 Escalade as a weekend / holiday family car :) Overall very happy with the current state of it - especially underside, considering our harsh polish winters. I need to do a brake job on it, but besides that everything works - air suspension, air conditioning, even mirrors fold nicely. Has around 130K miles on it.
And since I'm here, any recommendations for brake tube manufacturers? Any recommendations for EU based shops, or at least good ones that ship to EU?

Cheers
Hello and welcome! I like that body style you have. Hope to see some images of it soon. As for brake lines, I've not upgraded my 2000 Escalade brakes yet, however I've used Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided lines on a couple hondas. I liked the stiffer pedal feel from them. I would do some research on your Escalade before buying any though, due to how it may affect your ABS system. Again welcome!

·
Registered
'05 ESV Platinum, 250,000 still looking fine, really fine!
1,131 Posts
pozdrowienia z ameryki

Can't help you out but wanted to say welcome and enjoy your Eskie! They are great vehicles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok guys, stupid me. I saw something leaking from a metal line and assumed it's breaking fluid. Didn't realize it's passenger side and all the brake lines are on the driver side. So I guess the A/C lost some oil and the refrigerant. I was pissed at the previous owner since he told me he already did the break job, guess he was a good man after all :)
I guess it's better for me since the car is driveable and the compressor should be fine since I assumed it's brakes and didn't drive the car at all since the leak. I already ordered a splice, hopefully it will last a couple of months before I redo the whole thing properly in fall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts