Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
noneYET
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice Forum. :thumbsup:

I am in the market for a 04-07 V. I have to figure out what car to sell to get one. The hard part....2003 SVT Lightning or a 2004 VW R32.

I need something a tad larger for a growing family. :thumbsup:

So I will continue to search and read before I start to post. Back to the search.... Lots of good info here.

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
Welcome...Keep the lightning!

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Welcome....also keep the lightning....I have audi and V...and going to ditch the audi for a truck...no need for two performance cars..but always a need for a truck/car combo

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
:welcome:

I think we have a forum member here who came from a heavily modded R32. Maybe he'll chime in...

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts

whatever you decide to keep will be parked anyways, i put 20k miles on my V last year and it still puts a smile on my face every time i climb in her

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts

whatever you decide to keep will be parked anyways, i put 20k miles on my V last year and it still puts a smile on my face every time i climb in her
umm......no..... the caddy stay peacefully in the garage all waxed up and comes out on nice days or for hot laps......I drive my audi daily...but it has 275hp so it's fun to drive...

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Its' not the time you spend in them, but the quality of the time you spend in them.

If you join Mod Hell, some of that time comes from laying underneath the thing! :rolleyes:

I'd keep the truck if you have to sacrifice one of um.​
very well stated!!! thats why I do all my work myself...besides messing with a transmition...they scare the hell out me tearing one down

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
that is a hard choise to make. Awd/winter drifter vs utility/neckbreaker. I would keep the svt just for the 6ft bed. Much more practical then the VW, in cargo space not people space. Just get snow tires for the svt and keep the :v: in the garage

·
Registered
noneYET
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that is a hard choise to make. Awd/winter drifter vs utility/neckbreaker. I would keep the svt just for the 6ft bed. Much more practical then the VW, in cargo space not people space. Just get snow tires for the svt and keep the :v: in the garage
Thanks all for your opinions :highfive:

The Lightning will not do any snow time. 450Rwhp and 556tq will not get me anyplace in the snow... or even heavy rain. It does make the trips to HomeDepot fun.

If the R32 does go, I will dearly miss the AWD. But 400+ hp/4dr may sway me a little. :)

As far as the Mod bug.... yea got it. The L and the VW are far from stock. If the V does indeed work-out, it looks like CAGS, CAI, Rear-bushings, UUU shifter, Maggy cat-back, wheels, and a nice dyno tune would be my first stop. After that...Kooks, X-pipe, motor/trans bushings, and that would do for v2.0. Anyway... it's a slippery slope.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
As far as the Mod bug.... yea got it. The L and the VW are far from stock. If the V does indeed work-out, it looks like CAGS, CAI, Rear-bushings, UUU shifter, Maggy cat-back, wheels, and a nice dyno tune would be my first stop. After that...Kooks, X-pipe, motor/trans bushings, and that would do for v2.0. Anyway... it's a slippery slope.
Good man, at least you're not in denial about mods.

Magnaflow catback. The term "Maggie" refers to a Magnuson supercharger (magnacharger).

But you should get one of those too! I highly recommend it! ;)

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
457 Posts
Another NoVA person :bouncy: with Maggie :highfive: Keep the truck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts