Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, I noticed it today.....I understand the revenue needed but I find this to be quite annoying.

I tried to turn it off by following the "What’s This" link with in the text box that pops up, but couldn't figure it out.

Anyone have any luck turning it off?

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Yeah, trying to scrool across the screen and having to top for this big window that pops up is kind of annoying. I didn't notice the "off" option before, but I'm definitely gonna try and figure it out if I can.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
why do i get the feeling this will turn into the pocketbike place i use to freqent ?

the last time i went in there , there was SO MANY ADS that i couldnt find the posts , and the software was even turning the posts into ads (wait thats happening here lol)

but there supporting members didnt have to see it ....(hint hint sal , itd be a nice incentive)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I agree that it's annoying too!!! I mean, I don't really need Blog links to radiator, go-cart, car, Cadillac, Honda, Ford, engine, insurance, or anything else that can be linked...But what's my opinion worth anyways? I don't pay (yet, will send some dough next week perhaps)...

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
Just follow the "what's this" link to the page it opens and scroll to the bottom. There's a link to deactivate it..

I know ads are annoying but if you ran a busy site like this you'd realize the need. It's all fine and dandy to come here and browse around but the only one forced to PAY to be here is me. They're just links. The internet is FULL of them...

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
That's strange. I don't see the "disable" link anymore. Maybe we can't disable it during the trial period. We're on a trial to make sure everything is configured properly... I'll find out...

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I totally understand the need for it.
But I like Stoney's idea.....paying members exempt!
It would be a good incentive to become a supporting member

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
I'm definitely looking into that.. In the meantime, you can now opt-out. Just click the "What's This" link in the box that pops-up and scroll to the bottom of the next page. You'll see this:

Do you want to disable the IntelliTXT links? Click here to disable. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Administrator said:
Just follow the "what's this" link to the page it opens and scroll to the bottom. There's a link to deactivate it..

I know ads are annoying but if you ran a busy site like this you'd realize the need. It's all fine and dandy to come here and browse around but the only one forced to PAY to be here is me. They're just links. The internet is FULL of them...
Sal,

We pay you to advertise, but I now see every post we make full of these links to other vendors products. Sure, maybe I can disable them for me, but then everyone would have to do so.

This is totally NOT COOL to pay for advertising and then have our own ads be ads for other vendors.

Alan

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
I don't have any decent internet access yet. I should find a temporary "home" this evening. I live in Palm Beach County and there's no electricity or water - so I'm on my way up north...

I just PMd you. I can remove the links to your competitors. I suppose I may need to increase the cost to advertise here. It's getting very expensive to keep this place running 24/7.. As we get more and more popular, our "blip" is becoming more and more noticable on hacker's radar. Currently, our advertisers and supporters and helping GREATLY with the cost of hosting, space, etcetera - but this revenue not covering the costs I'm enduring to keep the site secure.

I can't get into a long story now. I left you a private message. I need to get situated. There's no electric or water in my home (in Palm Beach county) and I'm on my way up north.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
Lord Cadillac