Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Thought I might get spanked if I didn't do this. Picked up a 92 Eldo a couple of years ago for commuting my 100 miles a day. It's a much nicer ride than the old pickup I was using. Been able to pick away at most of the minor problems but it still needs a little work. I'll close out now on this one and try to find the forum where I want to ask the real question. Godspeed when you are in your Cad. bf

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
Welcome to the CadillacForums! I drive my Caddy about 85 miles per day, so I know what you mean about commuting. They are definitely cruisers. How many miles on your Eldo? What color?

Thanks for registering and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome...... Thanks for signing up....... :wave:

I drive that many miles in a week, what you do in a day!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
davesdeville said:
OPEC loves you first two, driving Cadillacs long distances.. :)

I average 25 mph. On the freeway, according to the in dash computer, it's getting about 34. I'll take that over a Honda any day. Plus when I want to pass someone, I can. :)

Sandman, it's white, not pearl, bought it two years ago with 75,000 miles, it now has 137K. Next maintenance items will be front shocks and a motorvac.

Where is the tech section?

fitz

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Middle section...... Or you can post in the vehicle specifc section toward the end.......

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
davesdeville said:
Wow, you drive really really slow :rolleyes:

Not really, that's at 80 with gusts to 95. If I want to kill the MPG all I have to do is use the cruise. That kicks my average down to 23. City driving brings it down too.

I've got about 5 miles on each end of the commute that is city driving. 40 miles are freeway. Suggested speed limit is 75 so the flow of traffic is usally 80. For awhile the "flow" was at 90 but the CSP started cracking down. It's back at the 80-85 range now. (5 AM) Going home is a little slower, normally an average of 80. Is that slow where you are at? bf

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just looked at the last post again to see what part of the country they were from and saw one of my numerous errors. Now I understand the comment. I happen to have one of those new keyboads that have interchangable letters. In this case the g and h. Are you a proofreader by trade? I was on the corvetteforum for awhile but it got pretty boring. This one looks like it could be fun.
Thanks for being here.

I feel somewhat like W.C.Fields though... I'm not sure if I should belong to any organization that would have me as a member.

bf

B. Fitzgerald said:
Not really, that's at 80 with gusts to 95. If I want to kill the MPG all I have to do is use the cruise. That kicks my average down to 23. City driving brings it down too.

I've got about 5 miles on each end of the commute that is city driving. 40 miles are freeway. Suggested speed limit is 75 so the flow of traffic is usally 80. For awhile the "flow" was at 90 but the CSP started cracking down. It's back at the 80-85 range now. (5 AM) Going home is a little slower, normally an average of 80. Is that slow where you are at? bf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts