Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f12/new-gm-new-green-logo-81593/

As General Motors is set to emerge from bankruptcy protection, the giant U.S. automaker’s fresh start might just include a new logo; a green one. According to a report by MSNBC, GM has a design team that is currently looking in to changing the logo and they have discussed swapping the blue out in favor of a friendlier (and more environmentally-responsible) green.

Does anyone else see the total contradiction here? Last time I checked, the planet was blue.

I never understood the green movement. The world is only green to humans, and humans make up an incredibly minute percentage of the Earth's life as a whole. Seems kinda arrogant to me..... Not that the blue GM logo was any better.....

Brian

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Welcome to the machine.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
How is the color of a logo more environmentally friendly? Unless the color green kills less babies in a year or blue adds a million gallons of raw sewage to the ocean each year than they are the same.

·
Registered
Formerly 09 CTS-V, Red; now 16 CTS-V, Red
304 Posts
Perhaps they should go one step farther and name the new company "Green Motors."

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
What a load of utter shit. That CEO better get used to being on his knees...

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Perception is more important than reality. If a dumb green logo subliminally gets a few thousand extra people to actually test drive a GM product before declaring it utter garbage, then it's a smart move.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,046 Posts
Green People as in Greenpeace and Spotted Owls driving Cadillacs ??? Fat chance. They'll buy a Prius, send their money to the Jap(anese), and feel warm and fuzzy for having accomplished nothing. Wait 'till they recycle the NiMH batteries.

Oregon's new state motto: "Spotted Owl. It's what's for dinner."

·
Registered
2009 Black Ice/Ebony CTS-4 DI FE2
340 Posts
I'm getting so tired of this crap. :thehand:
I'm all for environmental stewardship & all but this "green" everything is outta hand.:mad:

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts

Because a stupid publicity stunt will instantly make GM's cars better. Dammit why can't we just adopt the diesel engine like the rest of the world and quit this "going green" garbage.

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
Green paint does more damage to the environment.

...not sure if that is true, but it's a good rumor to spread around... :shifty

·
Registered
None yet!
1,025 Posts
Perception is more important than reality. If a dumb green logo subliminally gets a few thousand extra people to actually test drive a GM product before declaring it utter garbage, then it's a smart move.
That is 100% true. That is why politicians like to be "tough on crime" without addressing underlying issues, why the lefties love to throw money at problems without addressing the issues, so on and so forth, and why the greenies drive $40,000 Priuses instead of $5,000 old diesel Benzes converted to run on used fry oil, which has zero environmental impact, costs less than petrol, and smells like french fries -in all cases it looks like you're doing something; in the case of the Prius it looks like you're driving a hairshirtmobile (which really does untennable environmentale harm thanks to its battery pack and complex construction, not to mention it still is burning gas, and the difference between a small engine and a smaller one is like the difference between the pacific ocean before and after you piss in it) rather than a big ol' luxury car.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
I read somewhere that this idiotic idea was dead...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts