Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone wondering i live in the big northeast and we had 7" on turkey day. my buddy is a tire wholesaler and recc. hancook snows. wow! no problem in the snow. hard to believe but these are great. i don't think i'll need to buy a beater this winter.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for the tip. The Blizzak LM22s are also quite good and can run up to 130MPH with confidence. Only down side is that you can shread them with 400HP! :D

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
I am a new cts-v owner I purchased a 2007 this summer. Now it has snowed Chicago winters are ugly..this is my dream car that has become a nightmare. I sway and spin out...at fifty i've never been a frightened driver...What type of tires can I purchase to stop this madness. My 20 year old male son would rather drive his saturn. HELP!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
565 Posts
I also opted for the Hancook Ice bears. V rated winter tires. I have absolutely no problems. with the all seasons 1/4 inch of snow would stop me dead in my tracks. I had great stopping power and grip in 6 inches a couple weeks ago. I am a believer.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
I am a new cts-v owner I purchased a 2007 this summer. Now it has snowed Chicago winters are ugly..this is my dream car that has become a nightmare. I sway and spin out...at fifty i've never been a frightened driver...What type of tires can I purchase to stop this madness. My 20 year old male son would rather drive his saturn. HELP!!!
You cant go wrong with Blizzaks or Dunlop wintersports. Putting some weight in the trunk also helps.
This car's not too bad with the right tires on.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
389 Posts
I've got LM22s, and they aren't very good without a full tank of gas and some weight in the back. Steady state driving, cornering and braking are fine, but getting started can be a pain in the ass. Based on how slippery the conditions are (obviously) the car may have issues getting started if you're going even slightly uphill. In some cases the traction control helps, but I also found cases where it killed your speed and you had to shut it off to keep moving.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt though - I'm coming from a WRX with KDWS's on it that was a tank in the snow, and before that I had Blizzak WS-50s on a Mustang (the ones with the dual-compound and sipe tubes) that are incredible when it's slippery out. The WS-50s were downright frightening when it was dry though, and the LM-22s are pretty awesome - they obviously aren't as good as my summer tires in the dry, but they are surprisingly good for snow tires!

-B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts