Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS V (Then). 07 STS-V (Next), 11 CTS-V (Now)
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we share a lot of heart ache and potential V upgrades on this board, but I thought it would also be good to share a positive experience from one of the key Vendors on this board. Car Motorsports !! I purchased a full set of matts from them last year. I recently discovered a minor problem with the driver side matt. I assumed it would require me sending one matt back. Instead, I came home yesterday to find a box on the front porch with 2 (TWO) new front matts.

IMO, this was above and beyond my expectation from a vendor, especially since my passenger side is still almost like new...

Anyway, for anyone looking for new carpet mats for the V, between the cost, quality and service, I am not sure you can find better...

Thanks Rich !!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
That is certainly refreshing to hear. I too am considering a purchase from them. The only question I have is which carpet color best matches the carpet that comes with the ebony interior? There is black and a couple of grays and I really can't tell what would work best. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
142 Posts
2005V said:
That is certainly refreshing to hear. I too am considering a purchase from them. The only question I have is which carpet color best matches the carpet that comes with the ebony interior? There is black and a couple of grays and I really can't tell what would work best. Any thoughts?
I believe that most find the Charcoal to be the best match in the 2004 cars because the carpet is not totally black but a VERY dark gray. Quicksilver works the best in the trunk as its lighter than the interior carpet. BTW, we are happy to send free samples so you can match them on your own. Just call or email requesting samples and provide your address.

Alan

·
Registered
827 Posts
CAR Motorsports said:
I believe that most find the Charcoal to be the best match in the 2004 cars because the carpet is not totally black but a VERY dark gray. Quicksilver works the best in the trunk as its lighter than the interior carpet. BTW, we are happy to send free samples so you can match them on your own. Just call or email requesting samples and provide your address.

Alan
I have both emailed and called for samples and questions and have yet to receive a response. I gave up a couple of weeks ago.

I have a platnium V with the light grey interior and I am not sure which color is the closest match.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I bought a full set of mats from Car Motorsports for my black 05 V and both the mats and the customer service were fantastic.

Carl

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought a complete set of mats for my '05 Platinum/Ebony V from Car Motorsports and was very pleased with the quality of the mats, the fitment of the mats in the car, the customer service and the embroidered emblems. I ordered the BLACK mats with the newer Cadillac eblem in the middle and the V emblem near the door sill. I also got a set of the seatbelt pads witht the V emblem.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I also purchased mats from Car Motorsports. They look great! I have Platium/Ebony '05 and went with the Charcaol color and the "V" logo in the center but had the edging done in Light Gray. I like the color contrast from the base carpet.You will love the mats!

·
Registered
117 Posts
My wife purchased the set for me!

AWESOME!!! is what i have to say about the quality and experience.

BTW - I did get the black and took some time to get used to them, they are not a match for the existing color, but a nice contrast.

There should be more people around that treat their customers like this!!

:2thumbs: :cheers:

·
Registered
142 Posts
slow35th said:
I have both emailed and called for samples and questions and have yet to receive a response. I gave up a couple of weeks ago.

I have a platnium V with the light grey interior and I am not sure which color is the closest match.
Not sure what the problem here is but if you will PM me your address, I'll take care of sending you the samples. Please include your phone number because I'd like to discuss the email/calls to try and see where there might be a problem and how we might best fix it so it doesn't happen again.

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I ordered my mats last week. The guy (A**n) I ordered from last week was extremely nice! :thumbsup: I don't remember what his shipping date estimate was so I called today to find out. The guy (R*****d) I spoke with today, 02 APR 05, about 3:20 EDT was not friendly at all. :annoyed: He acted like it was a problem talking to me! He had a bad smart @$$ sarcastic tone and after he went on and on about how they are made (I don't care-that’s not why I called) and how fed-ex's shipping works (I don't care-that’s not why I called) he said, "If it's absolutely critical I can find out when they should ship." He said, "You ordered them last week and you thought they would be there today?????"

Hell no I didn't think they would be here today...if he would've let me speak he would have realized I didn't think they would be here today (I'm not STUPID) I was just wondering if they would be here in time for a car show I’m going to this coming Saturday! :banghead: I wasn’t looking for an exact date of arrival just an estimate. I never even got to tell him this…I eventually hung up on the guy. :want: The R*****d guy tried calling me back but I don’t plan on talking to these guys again.

If I get the mats (and I hope I do)…then great! If they don’t show up then oh well I’ll just order from the other provider…this was BS. I wish you guys could’ve heard this conversation! :mad:

I think this was an isolated case and A**n was VERY nice and professional. I guess every great company has something go wrong 1 out of a 100 times and I guess this was it so like I said I’m sure this was isolated but just thought I would add my 0.02 because I was pissed!

·
Registered
142 Posts
My partner, Alan Faircloth, brought this thread to my attention.

I, Rich Van't Hof, am deeply appreciative of our customers and fellow enthusiasts that have taken the time to comment on both the quality of product and customer service they received from CAR Motorsports. As an owner it is always encouraging to receive a thumbs up for your business practices. It is also equally discouraging to learn of a customer, in this case "Joey", who speaks of a phone conversation in which he felt obligated to hang up. I do appoligize for any misunderstanding that may have taken place between Joey and myself yesterday. When Joey ended our conversation yesterday, I checked on the shipment status of his CTS-V Floor Mats and put a rush on the delivery ensuring that they would be delivered today; just seven(7) days after his order. I called Joey five times yesterday and three times today in an effort to relay this shipping information. All this was done prior to my knowledge of his posting above. Never did I perceive that Joey had a problem with our customer service or our product. I also thought we had been disconnected rather than the fact that Joey hung up on our conversation. If I offended Joey in any way, I do sincerely apoligize. It is never my intent to be anything other than helpful and informative. My approach, I must admit is often very direct and possibly was seen as difficult in this circumstance. Again, I apoligize. Clearly, I have taken CAR Motorsports' normal steps of checking on a shipment at the customer's request and now continue to phone Joey in an attempt to relay this information.

Thank you all for your continued support of CAR Motorsports as we develop new and engaging products for the Cadillac Performance Vehicles.

Sincerely,

Rich Van't Hof

·
Registered
102 Posts
Vlightful - Any chance you could post some pics of your mats in the car? I'm thinking of ordering the same setup and would like to see how they look.

Thanks.

·
Registered
895 Posts
CTV-Old-E said:
ONly problem I have is that their web site has "SPY WARE" loaded in it!!:mad:
There are not many websites that don't have SPYWARE these days. Just use one of the free spyware killers once a week.

·
Registered
142 Posts
CTV-Old-E said:
ONly problem I have is that their web site has "SPY WARE" loaded in it!!:mad:
Actually, I think that the site detects spyware on the computer that is accessing it. The message flashed up on my home computer and I ran a spyware program, deleted the crap, and didn't get the notice on return visit. The site is professionally hosted by Interland, so I'd be surprised if it has spyware....not saying it can't happen, but that it would be a surpise to me.

Alan

·
Registered
51 Posts
AustinV- Sorry but I don't have pictures to post. Check with Alan @ Car Motor Sports and see if he has anything he could post. I know you would not be disappointed in how these look. I've gotten lots of complements!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
CAR Motorsports products and service sound great. I went to order a set of mats tonight and had a few questions.

2005 Raven Black V w/ ebony int: color of mats recommended?
Ordering is somewhat complicated: color, backing, surging, emblem design, emblem location, logos, options, text, embroidery, and additional emblems. (?)

I would like mats similar to the example, except ones that match an ebony interior, and maybe do not have the CTS/wreath logo (Cadillac/wreath would be great).

I will contact A**n or R*****d. ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sandyfoot-V said:
CAR Motorsports products and service sound great. I went to order a set of mats tonight and had a few questions.

2005 Raven Black V w/ ebony int: color of mats recommended?
Ordering is somewhat complicated: color, backing, surging, emblem design, emblem location, logos, options, text, embroidery, and additional emblems. (?)

I would like mats similar to the example, except ones that match an ebony interior, and maybe do not have the CTS/wreath logo (Cadillac/wreath would be great).

I will contact A**n or R*****d. ;)
We look forward to your call. Don't forget that we can send you samples to match colors. The mats on the site were for a dealership and they ordered them in Quicksilver I think. Charcoal is actually the right color match to the carpet in the ebony interior 04 and unless the carpet color changed, the 05 also. I know the 05 GTO carpet actually changed and went from charcoal to black.

Ordering is complicated because of the many variables/choices offered to the consumer to customize their mats. Clearly, we don't sell cookie cutter off the shelf mats, but mats that are designed by the customer for the customer. BTW, I should also mention that we can pretty much make ANY pattern mat. For example, I have an area rug in my office, but it does not extend beneath my desk where I sit. So, my feet wind up on the hard, cold hardwood floor. I just ordered a custom fit mat for underneath the desk that is 24 inches by 23.5 inches with FOAM backing (stores only seem to have certain standard sizes). I had it embroidered with CAR Motorsports logo and put my name in Script underneath it. Basically, to do this, all we need is either measurements or a supplied pattern and we can make you a custom welcome mat, show display mat, etc. We've made a number of different mats for customers. One customer had to have a big cutout for an amp on a rear cargo mat.....no problem. We also designed a 2 piece CORVETTE cargo mat that allows access to the storage compartment via removal of the insert piece rather than the entire mat.

Just wanted to let everyone know that we specialize and can do highly custom applications. So far, we've done only a few different things, but my guess is that its because people don't know that we offer this service.

Alan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts