Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 STS AWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had my 08 sts for several years now and have finally got the opportunity to really put the AWD feature to use. I live outside Nashville Tn and have been commuting 75 miles round trip in the ice and snow. Tonight on the way home I thought I was driving on hard packed ice but the car was so stable and controllable I had to stop, open the door and lean out and feel the road. Yes it was hard packed ice! Wow, couldn't believe how well the car drove. I had just a month ago put on a new set of tires. 235/50ZR-17 Hankook Ventus S1 noble2's. I had Continental extreme ds tires before, was happy with them but thought I would try the Hankooks. I am very happy with the performance of the car and the tires.

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,716 Posts
My AWD does surprisingly well in the winter also. It's funny though, I can make the back end break loose because of the 60/40 split.

·
Registered
2005 cadillac STS AWD 1SG
531 Posts
awd sts does well while it has grip, but when it loose traction, it become rwd car. so be very careful on ice

·
Registered
2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition
606 Posts
Even with F1 tires on mine, it gets around fairly well. I will certainly go with better all season tires the next time around.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS 4 V8
22 Posts
I have a set of Dunlop Winter Sport M3 on mine and it's absolutely great on snow and ice. I especially like the fact that the car has a RWD bias which means that it is very tail happy with the traction control turned off.

·
Registered
2007 STS4 3.6
30 Posts
Agreed, this car is extremely capable and fun in the winter! From northeast PA here and ever since I put Hankook Winter Pike tires on mine it feels unstoppable. Yet like another poster said whipping the back out is easy if you want :)

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS, Former 09 STS and 07 CTS
222 Posts
I manage to get around in my RWD with normal touring tires on it just fine, although I get passed because I don't want to push it too fast.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put snow tires on the wifes 08 STS AWD this winter and the difference was amazing. It was ok in the snow last year but she always had to park on top of our driveway to get out, even then she had some trouble. With the snow tires she had no zero issues parking at the bottom of our very steep driveway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts