Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Awesome 2010 DTS Premium(former CTS '10 owner)
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all:
our car got it's first 'boo-boo'. DH backed out of the garage -waited for me in driveway; then we left.
About 1.5 hrs later upon returning home noticed a fair-sized amount of dirt at the end of the rear door =strange! Nothing like that anyplace else on the car !
Took Maguiar's Quick Detailer thinking it would be 'all-gone'. Nope ! touched it - it was sticky and gummy; I thought 'oh oh big paint-job repair ! (had no idea what 'it' was)
Maguiar's Quick Detailer did clean-up the 'dirt' that was 'adheared' to the gummy spot (about the size of 1/2 dollar) but didn't penitrate the 'goop' itself which was then showing totally 'clear' -like a raised blister with the paint showing under it.
Then it hit us! it had to be pine-tree sap!! We realized the car had been sitting under a very tall pine tree while waiting for me!
Googled Maguiar's site -searched for 'pine tree sap' cleaner.
One idea was put ice on the area for a short time then with fingernail gently scrape. Thought there was nothing to lose and i had ice - LOL so why not try it? (another idea was mayonase)
well the ice worked it's magic ! It 'did' harden the sap allowing my fingernail to just scrape the sap off. -took a few 'swipes' with the ice to complete the job but it was as if the sap never was there!!! And I could smell the 'pine' as i scraped ! and ''baby' looked good as new.
So i had to share 'just in case' that ever happens to anyone else.
Next day, where did DH wait for me ''again''? Don't ask ! :hmm:
Best wishes - Showgirl.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Good tip. Ice is surprisingly useful for things like that. An ice cube wrapped with thin fabric also removes blood spatter from fabric car interiors. Our dog ran into a moving car and and appeared to be fine. I loaded her into the back seat of our new, 1980 Volvo to have the vet check her out. She sneezed!

·
Registered
Awesome 2010 DTS Premium(former CTS '10 owner)
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good tip. Ice is surprisingly useful for things like that. An ice cube wrapped with thin fabric also removes blood spatter from fabric car interiors. Our dog ran into a moving car and and appeared to be fine. I loaded her into the back seat of our new, 1980 Volvo to have the vet check her out. She sneezed!
I'M happy to read that your dog recovered !!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts