Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit of a movie buff, but there's still plenty of movies I still haven't seen. To get ideas of what to watch next, I thought I'd start a movie thread of great car movies. Here's a few that I've seen that have great scenes:

Ronin
xXx
Gone in 60 seconds
The Matrix Reloaded
Dazed & Confused ('69 GTO is too sweet)
Fast & the Furious ('69 Charger)
Smokey & the Bandit

that's a good start there... on my "to watch" list is:
Bullitt
The Italian Job (original & remake)

So what should be in everyone's DVD collection?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
shaggygrosser said:
I'm a bit of a movie buff, but there's still plenty of movies I still haven't seen. To get ideas of what to watch next, I thought I'd start a movie thread of great car movies. Here's a few that I've seen that have great scenes:

Ronin
xXx
Gone in 60 seconds
The Matrix Reloaded
Dazed & Confused ('69 GTO is too sweet)
Fast & the Furious ('69 Charger)
Smokey & the Bandit

that's a good start there... on my "to watch" list is:
Bullitt
The Italian Job (original & remake)

So what should be in everyone's DVD collection?
Some of those are good. Haven't seen Ronin, hated XXX, Gone in 60 seconds was great, one of my friends has a '68 firebird like the one in matrix reloaded, another one of my friends has a 1962 lincoln continental like the one in the first matrix, but i think that one was a 63 or 64, dazed and confused was cool, fast and the furious was lame other than the charger, 2 fast 2 furious was great because of my all time favorite car, the 1969 camaro yenko edition with a 427 big block all alluminum. ahhhhhh mouth watering. anyways, smokey and hte bandit is kinda old for me but cool, Bullitt was a great movie you must see it. Italian job was sick too!!! You should see the original gone in 60 seconds and 2 fast 2 furious if you love muscle cars :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
Joined
·
1,576 Posts
Bullitt and Ronin had some of the best chase scenes I ever seen on the big screen. I also like "Gumball Rally" Nothing like seeing a Ford Cobra and a Ferrarri Daytona Spyder going at it. Don't forget "2lane Blacktop"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
Mad'lac said:
Bullitt and Ronin had some of the best chase scenes I ever seen on the big screen. I also like "Gumball Rally" Nothing like seeing a Ford Cobra and a Ferrarri Daytona Spyder going at it. Don't forget "2lane Blacktop"
What year was the cobra? cause i never wanna hear anyone call a classic cobra a FORD cobra, SHELBY COBRA is where it's at, unless it's a new cobra :basketcas
 

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
Joined
·
1,576 Posts
Its a Classic FORD Shelby Cobra. Powered by FORD.
 

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
Joined
·
7,237 Posts
Le Mans starring Steve MacQueen
Winning starring Paul Newman
Grand Prix starring James Garner
:thumbsup:

Le Mans is a must for any car enthusiast. Chicks will dig Grand Prix, with it's soap opera like plot.

Oh, and my favorites:
Herbie the Love Bug
Herbie Rides Again
Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo
Herbie Goes Banana's
:banana:
 

·
Registered
1994 STS - pearl white
Joined
·
140 Posts
Almost all of the James Bond movies have great car chase scenes. Two that come to mind are the corkscrew bridge jump with the AMC (but I can't remember which Bond movie it was in) and the 2CV through the olive grove in For Your Eyes Only.

One personal favorite (car) movie of mine is an EARLY John Cusack movie called Better Off Dead. There's a group of Asian kids who keep dragging hime from the lights when he's in his old beater. One of the Asian kids narrates the showdown like Howard Cosell over a PA in the car. John Cusack's character is fixing up an old muscle car, but can never get it running. He finally gets help to finish the car & then smokes the Asian car.

It's been a long time since I've seen this movie and can't seem to find it on video anywhere. I can't even remember the cars.

Slightly off topic... almost every episode of CHiPs, The Dukes of Hazzard and The A-Team had a decent car chase. Hollywood is so formulaic.
 

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
Joined
·
857 Posts
Dukes of Hazard? OMG! That brought back memories!
I love all the cool old cars in American Graffiti! I love to watch Harrison Ford mess with everyone in his '55. Great movie!
2 Lane Blacktop is also cool! :thumbsup:
I can't wait to see the Italian Job as well. Looks great.
I HATE that show on Fox "Fastlane". But the cars are too cool not to watch. Almost makes me drool everytime I watch it!
I like Goodfellas, some really nice Caddy's in there, of course, what else would mob guys drive! :)
Just watched the original Gone In 60 seconds...I had that exact 74 Coupe in there, color & all. That was a trip to see! Caddy can haul ass!!! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
eehoepp said:
Almost all of the James Bond movies have great car chase scenes. Two that come to mind are the corkscrew bridge jump with the AMC (but I can't remember which Bond movie it was in) and the 2CV through the olive grove in For Your Eyes Only.
Both AMAZING chases. The corkscrew jump's from 'The Man With the Golden Gun'. If I remember right, that was one of the most impressive car stunts for that time.

Though, what I can't believe is that no one has mentioned 'The French Connection'. Damn! That is the BEST scene. EVER. :)


PS. I'm also shocked that it took a 23yr old like myself to say it! I'd figure one of you 'experienced' forum members would have been on top of that game! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Oh yeah, fergot to mention 'The Transporter'. Pretty recent car movie, all about this guy who does getaways for a living. Some pretty amazing chases.. rivals that of Ronin, I dare say. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
dont forget Canonball run, gota love the chicks in the lamb. And the old Gone in 60 was cool but i cant watch the scenes in the caddy dealerships, all those poor classic cadillacs getting hit :shocked2:
OHHH, and billy in the Deville, lol.
 

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
Joined
·
7,237 Posts
banstyle said:
The corkscrew jump's from 'The Man With the Golden Gun'. If I remember right, that was one of the most impressive car stunts for that time.
I saw a TLC special about the guy who did that stunt. He hasn't done it since and to his knowledge, no one else has successfully done it either. So it might fall into the 'of all time' category.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
eehoepp said:
One personal favorite (car) movie of mine is an EARLY John Cusack movie called Better Off Dead. There's a group of Asian kids who keep dragging hime from the lights when he's in his old beater. One of the Asian kids narrates the showdown like Howard Cosell over a PA in the car. John Cusack's character is fixing up an old muscle car, but can never get it running. He finally gets help to finish the car & then smokes the Asian car.

It's been a long time since I've seen this movie and can't seem to find it on video anywhere. I can't even remember the cars.
Better off Dead, great movie! If memory serves me right... I believe Cusack's character is fixing up a '68-'69 Camaro... but it's been several years since I've seen that flick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MMNineInchNails said:
Some of those are good. Haven't seen Ronin, hated XXX, Gone in 60 seconds was great, one of my friends has a '68 firebird like the one in matrix reloaded, another one of my friends has a 1962 lincoln continental like the one in the first matrix, but i think that one was a 63 or 64, dazed and confused was cool, fast and the furious was lame other than the charger, 2 fast 2 furious was great because of my all time favorite car, the 1969 camaro yenko edition with a 427 big block all alluminum. ahhhhhh mouth watering. anyways, smokey and hte bandit is kinda old for me but cool, Bullitt was a great movie you must see it. Italian job was sick too!!! You should see the original gone in 60 seconds and 2 fast 2 furious if you love muscle cars :thumbsup:
Ronin is a must see if you're into the professional hitmen type of movies. I got to see a sneak preview of 2 fast 2 furious, and I thought it was better than the original (but it broke my heart to see the Z06 get creamed).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
banstyle said:
Oh yeah, fergot to mention 'The Transporter'. Pretty recent car movie, all about this guy who does getaways for a living. Some pretty amazing chases.. rivals that of Ronin, I dare say. :)
I meant to see that one in the theatre, but I guess I'll wait for the rental now. I'll be the judge of whether it's better than Ronin :D
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top