Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is this typically the leveling compressor? Or something else?

The car doesn't seem any lower or ride any differently than it ever has. It's been a while since I pulled codes, but it wasn't on there the last time I did. The only way I noticed it now was that I hacked the IPC to add the coolant temp on the DIC.

SO -- how much is this going to cost???

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,007 Posts
If it is, in fact, "Level control valve exhaust circuit low" then you may get away with a simple connector cleaning and compressor check. However, if the compressor, filter/dryer, and exhaust valve are starting to have problems then a general replacement ($~400) is in order before corrosive snot from moisture gets into the shock air lines and boots (that's big bucks).

www.gmpartsgiant.com or www.gmotors.com or Luke in Parts at Lindsay Cadillac up in Vendors ^^^.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you think Sub -- dealer -- or a decent independent shop? My dealer is usually about 25% more than the independent place I use. If it was one of the RM Wagons, I wouldn't be as concerned -- but the ETC is a whole other animal....

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,626 Posts
Replacing the compressor is not rocket science. Any decent shop should be able to do it.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,007 Posts
Yeah, that. The whole module is up inside the plastic fenderwell liner in the RR wheelwell. Couple of air lines, couple of hoses, and couple of bolts.

IF a shop does it, cough up the extra 15 minutes of labor $ and ask them to blow out the shock air lines while the compressor is out.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys -- that's what I'll do.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ranger, Sub,

FWIW, I took a pic as level as I could get it -- does the car look low in the rear? The only thing I could go by was the amount of gap between the wheelwell and the tire in the front vs. the back....

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should the gap between the tires and the wheelwells be the same for front to back? Mine are not -- the rear is a little lower.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I took it in to my independent....so now I get to wait.

This code, though, would be the leveling compressor or something to do w/that -- and not a strut code, right?

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well...something in the car is keeping the compressor from getting power. When they connect it directly to power, it will lift.....

So, now they're looking for the problem.

Great.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Duplicate post...

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well -- they fixed a loose connection somewhere that was keeping the compressor from lifting. It does look a little higher, and it seems to drive MUCH better. When going over bumps in the road, the rears are much smoother now, and the car seems to respond better when maneuvering at speed.

Hopefully this was it -- I got out of there for under $100 in labor -- so I consider myself lucky................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts