Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Deville
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang!

I just replaced my failed rear shocks with the MONROs that folks here reccomended. They are a great choice for the '04 DeVille, and it rides like a Caddy SHOULD now!

However...........I noticed soon after replacing the shocks, that the pump seemed to run excessively. I have a leak on the driver's side. Ironically, when I ordered the shocks, I "just in case" ordered a replacement airline kit, also by MONRO. I didn't put it on right away, because everything seemed OK after the new shock installation.

Now that I have a leak, I opened the airline kit to replace the setup, and find that the fittings don't match. The shocks have the same nipple type fitting as the stock system, and the new airline kit has threaded O-ring fittings.
Looking at other replacement sets, all I seem to find are the threaded fittings.

WHAT TO DO?:hmm:

Thanks
Frank

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I believe the air line kit is for vehicles (non-Caddys) that did not come with air assisted shocks. The factory air lines are very sturdy to begin with. See if the leak is due to some o-rings missing, if I remember correctly there's one or two going in the air line side fitting.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
If your compressor is working, and the rest of the system is working, why not get a repair kit and repair the leak and keep the automatic factory system intact.

·
Registered
2003 deville
604 Posts
That is possibly the kit for manually refilling the shocks if there is a valve for a air pump to be used on. If not its for say a Gabriel or other brand with screw on. Your leak could be one of the rubber lines right on the compressor or even a leaking oring on the dryer attached to the compressor. Try a spray bottle with soap and water to check for leaks. Agreed keep the air assist I've had coil-over load assist. Definitely not the same ride, there's a reason why you don't see it on cars coming off the line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts