Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed to Grattan next Fri-Sat-Sun with the Porsche Club of W. Michigan. I've run with these guys the past 3 years and they're a really great bunch. They get a real kick out of having a Cadillac "the last thing we ever thought we'd see at a Porsche Club event" out there :)

Although I've run there 3 times before, I really don't go to the track other than this event so I don't consider myself a seasoned tracker. Any recommendations from the "junkies" or others who've run V's at Grattan specifically?

Also, anyone gonna come and visit the event? Friday is only for the non-novice drivers so there are fewer cars/people. Saturday has classroom instruction and novice run groups with instructors helping the novice drivers (plus run groups for the non-novices.) Sunday is like Saturday in the morning and then single car timed laps in the afternoon.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,986 Posts
Hmm-m, was hoping this was going to be the weekend AFTER this one. I'm gonna be in Chicago Friday and Saturday. I'll have to talk my wife into a trip to Grand Rapids on Sunday to see her sister (I'll drop her off there) or letting me go by myself early on Sunday. Either way, I'm going to try to be there! Thanks, Ron! :)

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm-m, was hoping this was going to be the weekend AFTER this one. I'm gonna be in Chicago Friday and Saturday. I'll have to talk my wife into a trip to Grand Rapids on Sunday to see her sister (I'll drop her off there) or letting me go by myself early on Sunday. Either way, I'm going to try to be there! Thanks, Ron! :)
It's the 14th, 15th & 16th (my original post was unclear).

·
13,986 Posts
It's the 14th, 15th & 16th (my original post was unclear).
Oh, that's a horse of a different color! :thumbsup:

I'll be there with my son either on Saturday or Sunday depending if I feel like missing church.

·
13,986 Posts
It's lookin' like Saturday for me (and my son).

Well, Ron, it's looking pretty lonely with just you and me and all those Porch guys.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
BTW, I forgot to mention about what happened to my rear suspension issues after tracking at Grattan then Putnam Park in July.

I had added washers to my coilovers. They still had some play and Grattan pounded them into oblivion. Also, make sure your cradle bolts are tight as can be. Mine got uber-loose after the trip.

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW, I forgot to mention about what happened to my rear suspension issues after tracking at Grattan then Putnam Park in July.

I had added washers to my coilovers. They still had some play and Grattan pounded them into oblivion. Also, make sure your cradle bolts are tight as can be. Mine got uber-loose after the trip.
Thanks,

I just re tightened the cradle bolts but need to check the coilovers. I've added the washers also but I think they're loosening.

·
13,986 Posts
... I had added washers to my coilovers. They still had some play and Grattan pounded them into oblivion. Also, make sure your cradle bolts are tight as can be. Mine got uber-loose after the trip.
Bigjim, were those the "Feffman fix" washers? If so, holy crap!!!

Also, had you loosened your cradle bolts at some point prior to running at Grattan and that loosened them again, or are you talkin' just from the stock tightening and if so holy crap again?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Bigjim, were those the "Feffman fix" washers? If so, holy crap!!!

Also, had you loosened your cradle bolts at some point prior to running at Grattan and that loosened them again, or are you talkin' just from the stock tightening and if so holy crap again?
I didn't check them before the trip. But the only noise or issues I had beforehand was the "Feffman" fix still left a slight thunk on the RR and a very slight thunk on the LR. 2 washers per side should alleviate that.

And retorque all those SOBs!!!

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS-V
89 Posts
I would love to show up and help represent Cadillac owners. Too bad I'm leaving for Germany in 7 hours. Enjoy your Westside Michigan experience!

·
Registered
Cadillac
42 Posts
How do we sign up... or maybe I'd be out just to watch, my car is in no condition to enter the track need new rubber. I live right in GR so set me up with some details. :)

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do we sign up... or maybe I'd be out just to watch, my car is in no condition to enter the track need new rubber. I live right in GR so set me up with some details. :)
http://wmi.pca.org/driving/grandprix/Grand_Prix_of_Grattan.htm

If you come on Saturday, they do parade laps at lunch time and for a small donation to the charity they're promoting you can take your car out for non-spirited laps and see what the track is like. Also on Sat morning they do the classroom training which you could probably listen in on if you wanted to peak in from the back door to the building.

I think their registration is already full. They usually fill up pretty fast but you could check if you wanted to run.

Come on out...

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V 2004 street, Cadillac CTS-V 2004 Race
127 Posts
All comments above quite true. Not to self-promote, but this is an oppurtunity to share one of my favorite pictures from this season. How my crew caught this kid giving the thumbs up on the victory lap coming in, I'll never know.

PS -- Expect to leave with a free alignment! Not in a good way . . . . . . I don't care how much you tighten.

·
13,986 Posts
... come on Saturday, they do parade laps at lunch time and for a small donation to the charity they're promoting you can take your car out for non-spirited laps and see what the track is like. ...
I'm a good two hours away, but I hope to be able to do this. :yup:

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
All comments above quite true. Not to self-promote, but this is an oppurtunity to share one of my favorite pictures from this season. How my crew caught this kid giving the thumbs up on the victory lap coming in, I'll never know.

PS -- Expect to leave with a free alignment! Not in a good way . . . . . . I don't care how much you tighten.

Looking at that picture, my olderst son (6 in 3 weeks) would say:
"Hey dad, look a race car just like yours!"
My three year old would say:
"OOOHHH!!! A BLUE POTTY BOX!!!"
What can I say, older one loves car's, younger one loves poo.

BTW, great photo!

-Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts