Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry Guys I have no ideas here. I do have a question though. I've done the full Tint and tint on the Amber only. I didn't like either. I think a gradient tint would be cool..starting with a darker tint at the top transcending to lighter tints to a clear near the bottom. You have probably seen this done on sunglasses. I tried it with NiteShade but my work really sucked.

Anybody got any ideas? Ever seen and gradient vinyl tint?:hmm: I hope with all the talent we have on this forum someone might have an idea.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
you really want the fog lights to be clear instead of amber ?

I suppose i could fab something up, I will order a set of spare fogs and see what I can do to them to make them clear.

probably have to enseal the damn things again, bloody gm

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kael said:
you really want the fog lights to be clear instead of amber ?

I suppose i could fab something up, I will order a set of spare fogs and see what I can do to them to make them clear.

probably have to enseal the damn things again, bloody gm
Kael,
I have my old fogs from my CTS. I had to get new ones for the V bumper. The lens appears to be laminated layers of plastic and MAY pry apart. The assemblies sell for about $200 new and about $50 on ebay. Several members have expressed a distain over the amber lens and would like to see a total clear lens like on the new STS.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
can you find me links to the sts front end images?
i way be anle to work a modification.
i have done this before. gm usually uses a layered plastic substrate for the color so they can change it for their europoean market.

speaking of eurpean, one member had listed euro foglights for his cts, is there a difference between the the euro and american versions?

did you know that for the corvette C5 the american headlights were a plastic encasement but for the eurpoena market they were a very nice glass enclosure?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kael said:
can you find me links to the sts front end images?
i way be anle to work a modification.
i have done this before. gm usually uses a layered plastic substrate for the color so they can change it for their europoean market.

speaking of eurpean, one member had listed euro foglights for his cts, is there a difference between the the euro and american versions?

did you know that for the corvette C5 the american headlights were a plastic encasement but for the eurpoena market they were a very nice glass enclosure?
Kael,
The lens is clear and the bulb is amber on the STS.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
feel free to read above.

the sts is a dual component. not good.
too expensive anyway

i'll see what i can do.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
ahh crap, aer eyou serious?

there is one piece of plastic in the front and then two lighting elements in the back?

wait, this could be a good thing. then we know that the amber side is an extra piece

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
well i was actually looking for a close up of the construction, but no matter.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
dave, i want your damned exhaust. with the angular lines of the cts i always thought round tips didnt look right, then i saww your corvette square tips and fell in love with them.

i didnt think this was that big a deal, clear fogs and such, i will see what i can do now that i have a cts sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
robert, i have my own to work on to i can play with those, if it gets to cutting i will order an experimental set. no biggie, i found a pair for just 170 or so new. not bad.
but doesnt your cts-v facia require different fogs... you said you had to order a new pair..?

and euro spec fogs? any difference?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kael said:
robert, i have my own to work on to i can play with those, if it gets to cutting i will order an experimental set. no biggie, i found a pair for just 170 or so new. not bad.
but doesnt your cts-v facia require different fogs... you said you had to order a new pair..?

and euro spec fogs? any difference?
The assemblies are identical other than a mounting brace on the V-bumper. Really sucks because two cost a lotta buxs.

I may be wrong but aren't most of the euo cars using real glass vs plastic?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS
165 Posts
You realize that if these were clear, you would have to disable them. Otherwise they would be on all the time. Dont you?

I say keep them orange :cool2:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Blekk0 said:
You realize that if these were clear, you would have to disable them. Otherwise they would be on all the time. Dont you?

I say keep them orange :cool2:
Sure you can keep yours amber but remember like the STS the bulb could be amber. Being on all the time doesn't bother me because my Fogs with hi-beam bulbs are on most of the time anyway. There are several of us that just don't like amber lights and like the looks of the new STS.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts