Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me if a GPS Navigation from a '03 CTS will fit an '05 CTS? Also, does it come XM Radio ready? I may be purchasing one from someone and I want to make sure it fits my '05 CTS.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Can someone please tell me if a GPS Navigation from a '03 CTS will fit an '05 CTS? Also, does it come XM Radio ready? I may be purchasing one from someone and I want to make sure it fits my '05 CTS.
All the DVD NAVs will work. You don't want the early '03 CD based NAV.

XM was a very late addition. You'd also have to add an XM antenna.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Make sure it's a ebony (black) faced DVD Nav if you want XM. These came out in the late-summer of '02. Early '03 (12/01 to ~7/02 build date) Pewter face CDROM Navs don't do XM, as it wasn't introduced until the black faced Navs.

In the classic Mustang world, the early '65's are referred to as 64 1/2's by their owners to differentiate the subtle differences from later cars. They were introduced mid-model year, but were officially called '65 models back then, since it was a revolutionary new design. I'm thinking GM did the same thing with the CTS. There were enough tiny differences, and the car introduced in the middle of the '02 model year, maybe early cars should be referred to as '02 1/2's? LOL

Incidentally, I have a 2/02 build Pewter dash car. I bought a CDROM Nav and used it until the disk changer jammed. I then bought a ebony faced DVD Nav, swapped the faceplates, and now have a Pewter DVD Nav in my early '03. The Navs are identical except for the faceplate color, DVD vs. CDROM Nav drive, and the DVD Nav computer is about twice as fast (from my experience).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts