Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When PayPal spins off from eBay on July 1st, customers will have to agree to new terms before they can use the service. That applies to current and new customers.

One of the terms is that customers must agree to allow PayPal and any partners it chooses to text or robo-call any phone numbers they have on record for you, which would include the phone numbers you gave to issuers of credit cards you have linked to PayPal.

I'm glad I rarely use PayPal and it would be at worst a very minor inconvenience to drop it.

Now to decide if I want to drop PayPal or create a burner Google Voice number that isn't linked to ANY real phones and get a new CC using that number and only use that CC for PayPal. Just typing that made the decision. Bye bye PayPal.

Sorry for anyone who needs PayPal (particularly on the receiving end) or who will take the hit for the drop in value of PayPal.

Or is this just a trial balloon in the ever increasing and seldomly dissapointed depth tests for customer tolerance to abuse?

http://www.geek.com/news/paypal-can-robocall-you-with-advertising-from-july-1624237/

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
I get enough robo calls that I doubt I'd notice 1 or 2 more.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Doubt it will bother me a bit, I use PayPal for all kinds of stuff. I block 99% of calls to my phone anyways. :thehand:

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,513 Posts
Landline and cell phone - unless the caller ID has a familiar name the call is not answered.

I once answered a local political call from someone running for a County Commissioner seat. I informed the caller - a flunkie staffer - that the candidate had just lost my vote.

·
Registered
86 Bronco, 74 Ford LTD,1999 Deville, 1977 Coupe Deville
305 Posts
Love PPal! Easy checkout most everywhere & 100% buyer protection.
Wish they were not anti gun. But you can't always get what you want.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,806 Posts
Didn't they pull away from eBay once before? Then 3 or 4 layers went back to being with eBay? I know they always accepted transactions with eBay, even during that time.

KOT

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't they pull away from eBay once before? Then 3 or 4 layers went back to being with eBay? I know they always accepted transactions with eBay, even during that time.
Musk created PayPal and later eBay bought it. Now eBay is unloading it. Not sure about any intermediate stages.

----------

the ever increasing and seldomly dissapointed depth tests for customer tolerance to abuse?http://www.geek.com/news/paypal-can-robocall-you-with-advertising-from-july-1624237/
Based on most posts so far: Nailed it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts