1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1976 FLEETWOOD brougham
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Today have been a sad, sad day.:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

I had been to a town near me. On the way home, going approx 80, the cadillac just dies like i was out of fuel.
WTF, I had just filled the tank to top.:confused: :confused:

So i thought there must be a ignition fault.
I coasted to a good place to stop, and got out to see if i could find the fault. There was no loose ends with the ignition.

I started looking at the fuel system for visual faults and when i looked at the fuel pump something looked different than it should.

The pumphousing was broken. :eek:
The bracket was still attached to the engine, and the pump was broken off in the "waist" and the pump part was only hanging on to the fuel lines.

I had to call a friend to tow me to my home.:mad:

Now I must get hold of a new fuelpump. :crybaby: :crybaby:

jolle.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I had to call the tow truck once when I ran out of gas (Long story) when I told them what kind of car I had they sent a big 5 ton diesel flatbed :D. I guess they didn't trust me when I said "all I need is 3 gallons of gas to get to a gas station".

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,725 Posts
Was it the original fuel pump? They are pretty cheap to buy. At least you don't have an EFI Fleetwood, like my '76 was!

·
Registered
1976 FLEETWOOD brougham
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello

yes it was a original mechanical pump.

I looked at the NAPA site and saw that they were between 40 to 50 dollars, but here in Sweden is they a little rarer but not so expencive.
Not much more expencive than a regular one to a more common car here, they are about 650 SEK, but I probably can't get hold of one until monday.

jolle.

·
Registered
1976 FLEETWOOD brougham
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good days are here again!

I was able to get a pump on friday afternoon, so I could change it friday evning.
The change went pretty good but i had almost drain my battery, so I had't power to crank the engine enought to get it to start yesterday evning. Today i used my other car to give power to the Cadillac and after some cranking it started and runs just fine.

jolle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts