Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I thought this would never happen to me but it did.

Last Saturday I was with my wife coming home from the mall, didn’t think much of it but the road was open and decided to take the V for a nice spirted run. Nothing out of the ordinary but I got up to about 115 mph. I don’t normally drive like this but I figured what the hell. I was not racing anybody all I was doing was basically driving fast which I know we are all guilty of from time to time.

I was about 5 mins from my house and I see a police car flashing his lights telling me to pull over. He was yelling at me on the loud speaker, at first I thought he wanted me to get out of the way. I pulled over he told me to get out of the car , he cuffed me and basically threw me in the back of the car. I was in so much shock I could not believe it . My wife was in shock too causes he started yelling at her.

I spent Saturday night at the holding tank will all kinds of looser, it was the worst night of my life. I was there at 5pm and didn’t get out until 5 am Sun morning.

So the jist of this is I got three tickets (speeding 115 in 70, too fst for conditions, and no front plate.) And I also have a charge for reckless driving
, oh yeah my car got impounded too.

So I posted bond and now I have to hire an attorney to fight this. My tickets are 1000, the attorney is going to charge me 2,000 dollars to try and take some sort of deal and if I go to trial to fight this it will cost me 5,000. So all In all I am screwed, best case scenario I can get deferred jutiicaton and do community service and pay more fines and this stays on my record. I was really freaked out cause it’s a class a misdemeanor. The attorney assured me I should not do any time in jail.

So all you v lovers that love to speed or race, please be careful. I have never been in trouble with the law until now. I am so stressed and sick to my stomach that I don’t even drive my V.

·
Registered
2007 Yukon Denali / 2009 G8 GT
347 Posts
I just did 115 coming home from work yesterday and boy that would suck. If that happened to me I would have to get rid of the car so I guess I better be a bit more careful.
Good luck with everything. You have a tough battle.

·
Registered
2004 Raven/Ebony CTS-V
344 Posts
Damn, best of luck, bro. I mean, 115's pretty easy to do. There's a town nearby (about 60 or 70miles away) that me and some friends go to for a good time. 115's cruising speed since it's a turnpike which has little traffic at the times we travel it.

This car is so stable at speed, it's very deceiving. I've even seen 163mph in my V. It was about 5 minutes of highspeed driving and I look back now how bad I could've got in trouble. I think I would've had to shoot my way out of it.

Proof of someone's stupidity, just like mine. http://media.putfile.com/163mphRun

·
Registered
573 Posts
Man i feel for you... That really blows..

I remember when i was 18, just turned 18 by 1 month... I had a 1969 SS Chevelle with a rebiult 396.. damn it ran so good.. So me and good friend of mine bill, he died a few years back.. new shit on vintage rods.. Damn he was sucha good freind..
Well i wasliven in Houston at that time, Baytown to be exact.. and jumped on the interstate got off took the ferry at the momunment innn resturant, can not remember the name now.. but not the bolivar ferry,,
well we was heading for Galveston beach, was going to take the bolivar ferry get over there and run the car by the simth point area, great for running in that area of texas..
plus i knew alot of chambers county deputy's there.. well anyway we get stopped in Texas City of all places, i got in a race with a GTO A 65 MODEL, we both went to jail for 128 in 55... Good GOD,, i never had so many nots on my head, they cobbered us with there billy culbs because my bud got smartmouth with them.. i finally got him to shut uup.. we spent fri, sat and sunday in jail.. they did that shit on purpose,, we got out 4 clock mon afternoon... got my DL suspended for 6 months, 500 dollar fine, comunity service on the beach, good GOD what a mess.. lol i will never never mess with texas again..lmao.. i still remember they gave us hal ass uncooked chiken tv dinners still partly frozen, yukkk.. i have never ate a tv diiner since then, no type.

its funny now, but man at 18 i was so scared..i did not never think i would see daylight again.. the next time we went over towards bolivar we went around the other way I-10 over old and lost rivers, took that exit, cant rem now... but takes almost thru chambers county dowtown, went that way to the beaches.. was cool place to hang out,, they let you drive your cars on the beack, build bonfires, man the chiks loved us.. we had so much fun there.. BUT TRUST ME>> STAY OUT OF TEXAS city.. lol

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
I feel your pain, really I do.

Hang in there, work with your attorney, and drag it out long as possible. You can make things better than the seem. I know. I had reckless and speed contest just a few months ago. Reduced to careless with some effort.

Good luck.

WW

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
$.002
Yeah, everyone feels your pain....but ...i got a few bucks for ya bro! Whats yo paypal? 115 feels like 70. It ain't fair, this car feels so good!
PS- ALWAYS FIGHT THE TICKET! Insurance is the real mo' fo'. Law-5 help a brother out.....

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,540 Posts
Like Peter Parker's uncle tells him just before he croaks, "With great power comes great responsibility." My record was five tickets in one night, including reckless driving. Mind you, this was a long time ago, but it chilled me out for many, many years. Be careful out there. Choose your times to push it wisely, keep your eyes peeled, and buy the best radar detector you can afford.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
vr6aaron said:
Okay I thought this would never happen to me but it did.

Last Saturday I was with my wife coming home from the mall, didn’t think much of it but the road was open and decided to take the V for a nice spirted run. Nothing out of the ordinary but I got up to about 115 mph. I don’t normally drive like this but I figured what the hell. I was not racing anybody all I was doing was basically driving fast which I know we are all guilty of from time to time.

I was about 5 mins from my house and I see a police car flashing his lights telling me to pull over. He was yelling at me on the loud speaker, at first I thought he wanted me to get out of the way. I pulled over he told me to get out of the car , he cuffed me and basically threw me in the back of the car. I was in so much shock I could not believe it . My wife was in shock too causes he started yelling at her.

I spent Saturday night at the holding tank will all kinds of looser, it was the worst night of my life. I was there at 5pm and didn’t get out until 5 am Sun morning.

So the jist of this is I got three tickets (speeding 115 in 70, too fst for conditions, and no front plate.) And I also have a charge for reckless driving
, oh yeah my car got impounded too.

So I posted bond and now I have to hire an attorney to fight this. My tickets are 1000, the attorney is going to charge me 2,000 dollars to try and take some sort of deal and if I go to trial to fight this it will cost me 5,000. So all In all I am screwed, best case scenario I can get deferred jutiicaton and do community service and pay more fines and this stays on my record. I was really freaked out cause it’s a class a misdemeanor. The attorney assured me I should not do any time in jail.

So all you v lovers that love to speed or race, please be careful. I have never been in trouble with the law until now. I am so stressed and sick to my stomach that I don’t even drive my V.

Wow Aaron.....i'm morer then sorry to hear that man. Really sucks. 115mph in my opinion, is hardly wreckless. You would have to be whipping through traffic to warrant that kind of outcome in my book.

I know words in this case don't really help but,..keep your head up man. Your not a criminal.

Best wishes,

Jamie Wells

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow, that sucks! Find a good attorney and as long as you maintainted your composure, you have a great fght based on attitude alone. I got nailed at 130+ but it showed up at 106~(laser and an offset angle) and the cop was yelling and screaming, I was very nice back. We were able to use this in the plea bargain with the DA and bargained it from 14 to 6 points in 15 minutes. I hope you have the same luck!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
You got a bad deal and an ass for a cop. If there wa no one around while this was going on they cant make reckless driving stick. Just going fast isnt reckless unless they count deer. They gave you double jeopardy. If they cant stick you with one they can the other.

I got drag racing, reckless driving, speeding tickets once. I got a lawyer and the judge asked the cop 'so which one was he doing'...

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Good luck. To bad to hear about your misfortune.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Clearly you were driven to this irrational act purely based upon GM advertising. God Bless America.

Oh....Rick, can you tune my PCM to kick in my speed limiter at 72 mph?

d

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This happen on 1604, i got pulled over on Braun road. I was leaving the new mall on La Cantera.

·
Registered
753 Posts
In many states, anything more than 20 miles per hour over the speed limit is, de-facto, reckless driving, regardless of traffic conditions. In some jurisdictions it is a felony.

The good news is that in most traffic courts, everything is negotiable. The government is really interested in getting money from fines. They are much less interested in assessing points unless the driver has a horrible record, or the incident had a very bad ending. A good lawyer (hire a former Asst. District Attorney who knows the prosecutors on a personal basis) can do alot with your case. You were not racing. You were under control. You were not drunk. You stopped immediately for the officer etc. Hopefully your previous driving record is good.

Compared to the usual assortment of drunk-driving, suspended-license, no insurance, high-on-meth, run-from-the-police, scumbags that populate Traffic Court on a daily basis, your case is not so bad that a good deal can't be made. Listen to your lawyer and work it hard.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 81 Posts