Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the load resistors for my front turn signals for my Escalade. Where do I tap into the turn signal wires, under the front end where the turn signal bulbs are having to take off the wheel well cover or will the wires be under the hood? Any help diagrams etc.. Would be great
Thanks

·
Registered
2015 ESV
50 Posts
Your on the right track as far as going in from behind the wheel well. Thats how i did it. You will need some wire taps if they didnt come with your resistors. You should have a lead coming from each end of the resistors, all you have to do is to splice (using the taps) each of the wires coming from the turn signal. You can unplug the harness coming over from the fog lights and then remove the turn signal from the socket so you dont have to do all thework from the underside of the truck. The resistor (per v-leds) can get hot so watch where you mount it. Make sure your connections are good before you reinstall it. Its not hard just tight working space.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ThAnis UF is there a pos and a neg or does that not matter? Where did you put your resistors and how did you secure them. How long did it take you? So I dont have to cut any wires and when I remove the resistors it will be back to stock? Weird thing is why is it when I put the 4 way flashers on the bling normal, I don't get that?
Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all of your help!

·
Registered
2015 ESV
50 Posts
There is no polarity to the resistor so it does not matter which wire you plug into. Any one wire from the resistor to each of the wires on the blinker. There is no need to cut the wires if you use the wire taps. As for mounting the resistor when you are in the passenger when well I used the metal support that comes down from the fender. It already had a hole that I used to mount with a nut and bolt. The driver side I drilled a hole to mount, though lower in the fender so I room to use the drill. Time to do this I think worked out to be an hour but I was not in hurry. If or when you decided to remove the led lights and the resistor all you would have to do is to cut the resistor wire at the tap and then it would be just as before. One thing to remember about led bulbs is that you should test the light before you complete the installation. I found that some them are particular in how they are installed in the socket, if not working one way, flip over or turn around. I assume this is a polarity issue. This will save you some time as I learned the hard way and thought something was wrong when all I had to do was reverse the bulb. I don't know why the flashers would work right and the blinker would work fast, I assume it would have something to do with the four way flasher that controls the emergency flasher.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UF I can't thank you enough, thanks for going into great detail because I am not real good at some of these wiring issues. Thank you again for taking the time to help me out, I hope I can repay the favor at some point when you need help.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
uf like you said there are 2 wires on the resistor one on each end. Do I connect both ends or just one? Since there are 2 wires that come out of the turn signal bulb I thought that you had to connect both wires from the turn signal to both wires on the resistor is that right?
Thanks again and sorry but I am not real sure with this whole resistor thing

·
Registered
2015 ESV
50 Posts
Hook both wires of the resistor up. Again doesn't matter what to what as long as you have both the positive and negative of the blinker into the resistor. Just pretend each wire of the resistor has a + or -, then wire into the blinker. One side to the resistor to one side of the blinker, the repeat so that you are using both leads. Tap one side of the resistor into one side of the blinker then the other side of the resistor into the other side of the blinker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts