Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post by my Brother who cant remember his own log in details. :)

I LOVE IT! I picked it up yesterday afternoon. Its white on black interior.Its as clean as they said it was! I couldnt believe my eyes. Pics to come later today.

Driving it is like a dream. Its so smooth. Steering it is effortless. It rides better than any car I have even driven or been in. I had a Town Car that rode almost this good. It needed rear shocks though. LOL!

It is a MASSIVE car. I got used to it fast though. I have driven my brothers Deville a lot and this is a bit bigger but not enough to matter. It accelerates smoothy and fast. For such a large car it moves along very well.

The interior is beautiful. Huge, comfy and impressive. Room for all passengers.
The front seats have so many controls its almost too much. It took me 15 minutes to adjust the drivers seat how i wanted it. The lumber support works GREAT! You can adjust lower.middle and upper lumbar, all individually. It makes for an extremely comfortable experiance. I even tried the heated seats option. They warm up fast but dont get super hot. Not that you would want them to. Nice option even though I live in south Florida. You never know!

I drove around for about 5 hours yesterday and felt NO fatigue. VERY comfortable. I would think this is about the BEST highway roadtrip car ever made!

The factory stereo is very good. Amplified from the factory. Very loud, but very clear too. It has 5 factory preset equalizers. Depending on your music taste you can pick one that works well. I played everything from Bocelli to Sinatra to Korn. I had no problem finding and EQ setting that worked well. The bass is clean and defined. On "Midnight train to Georgia" you can pick out individual bass notes. Its that good. I was thinking I would have to upgrade the factory stereo. Much to my pleasure I dont have to do that.
It is the AM/FM Cassette and CD unit BTW.

The gas mileage is very good IMO for what it is. A near 5000lb luxury sedan, powered by a V8 engine. I went through just about a quater tank of gas in 5 hours of stop and go city driving yesterday. Not bad at all. I think they say 18MPG city I would say I got at least that. Maybe a little more. I havent taken it on the highway yet.

On a side note I caught one moron going one about the fuel economy. I told her to get her Honda Civic and we could put it in the trunk and go for a ride. She wasnt amused. :)

So overall Im VERY happy with this car. Its like winning the lottery in a lot of ways. Im proud to own such a fine vehicle.

I hope this review has been helpful.

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
That sounds EXACTLY like the review I would write of my '93!

Give it some time and you'll love it even more--especially the fact that, as long as you don't live in Florida, you'll be hard pressed to ever see another car like yours for days, maybe weeks at a time. :yup:

Not that I get open mouth stares from people at stop lights (well, except when I unexpectedly smoke them... :D ), but it's nice to have a car that's huge, luxurious, and cheap to own, but that isn't as boring as your garden variety Town Car.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
megatron said:
Post by my Brother who cant remember his own log in details. :)
The gas mileage is very good IMO for what it is. A near 5000lb luxury sedan, powered by a V8 engine. I went through just about a quater tank of gas in 5 hours of stop and go city driving yesterday. Not bad at all. I think they say 18MPG city I would say I got at least that. Maybe a little more. I havent taken it on the highway yet.
Well, a '93 FWB is actually rated at 16/25, but most of the time, should easily get right around 20 if you don't push it, and above that on the highway.

·
Registered
1993 FWB, 1979 COUP DE VILLE,'92 ROADMASTER
195 Posts
Good For You, Dude!

:bouncy:
I FELT THE SAME WAY WHEN I PICKED UP MY TURNPIKE LOCOMOTIVE. :lildevil:

THEY RIDE SOLID AND LAST FOREVER.(PROPERLY MAINTAINED) :worship:

CHECK IN ON A REGULAR BASIS AND SHOW YOUR PICS, I WILL PUT ONE IN MY ROTATING SCREENSAVER. :cool:

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Re: Good For You, Dude!

Congratulations! I really regret selling mine. I hope to buy another one day. My '95 was the biggest, most comfortable car I've ever been in...

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Re: Good For You, Dude!

Administrator said:
Congratulations! I really regret selling mine. I hope to buy another one day. My '95 was the biggest, most comfortable car I've ever been in...
How's the DTS been?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts