Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
'84 Coupe deville '99 F150 supercab
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up this coupe on sunday,,, after about 5 miles of driving it stopped shifting... off to the tranny shop it went for some kind of adjustment.... i still dont know what they did but it shifts like a pro now, nice and smooth :thumbsup: I put it on the lift at work today and did an oil, filter and coolant change. Its running a bit rough, this weekend it'll get new plugs wires and cap......... then comes brakes, exhaust... ect.. but we'll get there. I've put a 47 miles on it so far without incident since getting it back from the tranny shop... that's about 45 miles further then my last attempt at a HT1400 car drove :thepan:

Here are a few new picts I took tonight, they didn't come out too good in my garage in the dark.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Congrats!

I have been looking at these coupes. I would love to buy one and then put the updated '90-92 front end and taillights.. along with the 5.7 liter.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Looks good, beautiful interior!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I charged the AC today at work... it took a charge and blew ICE cold all afternoon.

Anthony and I went to the auto parts store and $207 dollars later i have front pads,rotors,plugs,wires,cap, rear drums,shoes,hardware kit, and a fuel filter.

Tomorrow a friend/ co-worker of Anthony's says he’ll be putting all this stuff on for me, hopefully it'll run a bit better... so things are coming along. Next will be new exhaust.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Nice! It should run good after those items unless the carb needs to be rebuilt or replaced. Goodluck!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Got the '84 coupe home finally NEW PICTS 8/26!!!!

Its been a productive weekend for the coupe :thumbsup:

She now has ICE COLD ac.. new front rotors,pads,rear drums,shoes,spring kit,spark plugs,wires,and rotor cap. I took it on the highway and she was smooth all the way to 85+mph... and cruise even works.

Shes running,stopping and shifting perfecty!! Either tomorow or the next day I'm gonna get some insurance and tags on her... followed by some new exhaust.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
The second pic fro the bottom makes me melt. She's beautiful. Your detail job meets my standards!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks,, but to give credit where its due Anthony (1990caddybrougham) was cleaning it today while the guy did the brakes,, he did hubcaps,tires,conditioned the top,and buffed the conor lights.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Beautiful!

Are those chrome eyelids on the headlights? I like!

What kind of wire caps are those?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a few more picts from today...

Figures that on the way home from taking these last three picts she had to remind me of how old she really is and throw a alternator belt :bigroll: but a quick trip to the auto store, a $14 belt and 10 minuets of wrenching fixed that right up... she's ready for her plates and insurance tomorrow :bouncy:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts