Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was driving the Gf home today and I ran over a damn skunk. The car STINKS on the outside and when the AC is on it blows the smell inside the car. Is there anything I can do short of getting it on a lift and powerwashing the hell out of it?

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Buy her a toothbrush, n you dont have to get up in the middle of the night :thepan:

Do they have the carwashes with the underbody cleaning by you? I would go through it a few times. As for the lift,,,,,would you let a guy stinky with a stinky car spay that shit all over your shop??? lol

Good luck. You might be worse off than the guy with the midnight horn.

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Two things will help time and enzymes in addition to a good washing. The stink that a skunk lets out is an oily bacteria based potion. In time it breaks down. To speed up the process find a local industrial cleaning supply store and pay them a visit. They will have an enzyme based cleaner that will neutralize the bacteria. Put it in a sprayer (one of those pump handle things like you get at a hardware store) and spray the hell out of the bottom of the car. Let it do its thing for a day and repeat. I know for a fact that this method works.
I had a skunk that dug out an opening into a crawl space under my office. My secretary told me she heard and smelt a critter living down there. I put out live traps and kept catching racoons butnever was able to get rid of the problem. Had to break out a dead trap. It got the critter right away. Problem was it was a skunk and he left me a parting gift in my crawl space. It was intollerable. I never thought the smell would go away but I followed the suggestion I gave you. Within 48 hours you would never know anything had ever happened. The enzymes ate all of the bacteria and that was it.

Mark

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
971 Posts
My wife did this the other night with my truck. I was boozed up and she tried missing him and he sprayed the whole underside of my truck. It's gotten better each day, but I can still smell it. I'm interested to know what to do also.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
74 Posts
Well I was driving the Gf home today and I ran over a damn skunk. The car STINKS on the outside and when the AC is on it blows the smell inside the car. Is there anything I can do short of getting it on a lift and powerwashing the hell out of it?
Change your user name to SkunkV and get a personalized tag that says: "I SPRAY":D:D

Seriously, how is the nitrous install going? I'm anxious to hear.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Boy, that stinks.

:rimshot:

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Change your user name to SkunkV and get a personalized tag that says: "I SPRAY":D:D

Seriously, how is the nitrous install going? I'm anxious to hear.
goddamnit i was about to say that,:banghead: beat me to it.
Nitrous install is all happening this Wednesday. I have my professionaly built custom switch panel now, my ported throttle body now (figured if the old one is coming off during the install I might as well install the new one) and Its supposed to be nice and sunny wednesday. I'll have tons of pics then!

·
Banned
CTS-V
47 Posts
lol skunkV! that's awsome, i couldn't have said it better myself.
i would spend less time with underage or needy girls without thier
own transportation, and more time installing that nos kit.

as far as odor, enzyme killers can be bought at your local
Rx store ie: CVS, & like stated before, buy a 5gal. pump sprayer
at home depot/hardware store, and get to work.

lol SKUNKV!!

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol skunkV! that's awsome, i couldn't have said it better myself.
i would spend less time with underage or needy girls without thier
own transportation, and more time installing that nos kit.
:brutal: Let's relax there on the Gf big guy! I had to wait for the dealership to finish up some warranty work before I put it on there. It will be completly installed next wednesday but I don't know if I will spray it until July 11 when I get it on a dyno.

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Glad to see you were appreciative of the help you received. Perhaps it is more important to respond to the off topic stuff in here. Hope your car stays stinky!

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad to see you were appreciative of the help you received. Perhaps it is more important to respond to the off topic stuff in here. Hope your car stays stinky!
Wow...someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? I am appreciative of the help I recieved, and running it through a carwash with an undercarraige wash a couple times got rid of the smell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts