Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2004 cts-v I/C/H/E 423/390
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am on my way to work today, minding my own business as usual, lost in my thoughts about another boring day ahead of me. I glance in my rear view and see the distinct front end of a V. Not being sure if it was really a V or not i slow down to let him catch up. As he gets closer i can see that it is most definitely a redline V. The guy (prolly mid 20's) gets right behind me in traffic so i roll down my window to try and initiate some friendly V owners chat but before i have a chance he drops a gear yanks it into the left hand lane and blows by me... i throw him the friendly V sign but he doesnt acknowledge it. He then proceeds to get back into my lane and get two lanes over and turns off some side road. The redline was 100% stock. I was curious if it was any one on here... as i didnt get a chance to ask if you were a member of this forum today in traffic.

p.s. If you happen to be on this forum and you wanna play with the faster color V again we can do a 40-140 sometime on a late night adventure in mexico. :bouncy:

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
wow, sounds like a jerk V driver.

there's a V owner that works across the street from me... we drive the same way home, on the same highways... so quite often (like today), the two of us drove for a good 10-15 minutes, right next to each other...

i always think it must look so cool seeing two black Vs driving together :)

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Its a kid, they dont know respect yet...

I saw the other black V here in Q8 and the guy wouldnt flash back....Again Kid

The Silver V here still eludes me....

·
Registered
Cadillac
263 Posts
wow, sounds like a jerk V driver.
there's a V owner that works across the street from me... we drive the same way home, on the same highways... so quite often (like today), the two of us drove for a good 10-15 minutes, right next to each other...

i always think it must look so cool seeing two black Vs driving together :)
I agree. Sounds like the OP felt the same way, he just didn't want to say it if the other guy is a member...

Its a kid, they dont know respect yet...

I saw the other black V here in Q8 and the guy wouldnt flash back....Again Kid

The Silver V here still eludes me....
I hear ya, those damn kids are such pricks!

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
p.s. If you happen to be on this forum and you wanna play with the faster color V again we can do a 40-140 sometime on a late night adventure in mexico. :bouncy:
:lol:

A Red V blowing a silver V out. Yeah that sounds about right to me. . :stirpot:
Yeah, and they'd both be lucky there was a black V around to embarrass both of them.

:stirpot:

On a side note, I "got ricer fly by'd" last week by a honda del sol with a fart can and a big H on the back window. :bigroll:

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
come on man say like below 21yr old...lol i'm 21 and Actually for a quick story, in my home town one day i saw another black V coming at mei was waving and all,... nothing back... so i said shit im going to turn around i was behind the guy and still nothing... followed him for maybe a mileand he pulled into a spot at the local store i stopped behind his car to talk to him he got out and walked past me as i was sayng hello mind you i''m 21 and he was at least 35... bastard!

·
Registered
Cadillac
696 Posts
yea im 24. Im a very respectful enthusiast, and always try to say "whats up" to any other enthusiast...Gm or not....Most of the time they ignore me going about there business...its a big let down. Nothing makes me happier than when Im driving my V and I see a car that would make a good "contestant" in a 1 v 1 race......again most of the time they are too cool to get schooled.

·
Registered
Redline CTS-V (sniffle)
176 Posts
Man, you all make me sad. Damn 21-year-old bashing, damn jerk V driver comments, damn silver V owners thinking they're actually faster, damn entire V community thinking Redlines are slow, damn damn damn. Can't we all just... get along?

·
Registered
CTS-V
572 Posts
come on man say like below 21yr old...lol i'm 21 and Actually for a quick story, in my home town one day i saw another black V coming at mei was waving and all,... nothing back... so i said shit im going to turn around i was behind the guy and still nothing... followed him for maybe a mileand he pulled into a spot at the local store i stopped behind his car to talk to him he got out and walked past me as i was sayng hello mind you i''m 21 and he was at least 35... bastard!

HOLY LONGEST SENTENCE EVER BATMAN! I was purple at the end from not breathing. :hmm:

It's cool though. I knew what you meant.

I have yet to have another V acknowledge any waves or thumbs up in my town in about a half a dozen attempts.

·
Registered
2004 cts-v I/C/H/E 423/390
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HOLY LONGEST SENTENCE EVER BATMAN! I was purple at the end from not breathing. :hmm:

I have yet to have another V acknowledge any waves or thumbs up in my town in about a half a dozen attempts.
I feel the same way... the only V owners i have actually had acknowledge my existence on the road were ones ive met through this forum. Surprisingly the Corvette community seems to be more friendly towards me on the roads (probably because they are scared of my 4 door haha).

·
Registered
CTS-V
632 Posts
i was driving to my buddies house, and i ran in to a redline V. it looked amazing. well he got on the side of me and we went for it. nothing crazy cuz we were on a busy street. his was all stock, all i got is exhaust. anyways, at the next light he rolls down his window and says, you gotta love these cars. gave me a big ass smile and we both gave each other a freindly thumbs up. nice feeling. he was an older man, probably in his 50's. theirs a black V here in town as well. i tried to say whats up, but this guy looks like hes in high school, no acknowledgement from him....owell.

the other day we were on or way to the river and this acura pulls up next to me. my buddy says, dude , i think he wants to race. lets just say he his car looked alright from my rear view mirror! :burn:

Gotta Love the V!!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
I don't think I've seen enough V's to even talk to them. I mean I've had my car for about 4 months now and I've only seen 2 V's on the highway, neither of which I was able to talk too. I definitely would talk to another enthusiast though. I'm 22 and I'm no punk!

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts

Sorry Brother. I do ramble on, and throw some (......) in between words to make it seem like another sentence. lol ... .... ....... .. .. . . . .. .. .. . .. . ...

on that note... i'm gonna go drive for a while!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts