Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 STS, W/Nav
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father and I have the same cars he has a 99 seville and i have a 00 seville so the other day we both brought them to the dealer recommended place and had tint installed, the day i got my car the door panels were soaking wet with soapy water but i just ignored it and they dried fine, there was a sticker saying not to roll down my windows untill today so i waited untill then and now i went to roll down my windows and 2 of the 4 wont roll down from there own switch the master switch will allow them to work but they wont from there own switch and the same thing happened to my dads car but with the opposite window in the back, does anyone have any idea as to what these people did and im sure going to make them fix what they broke on my car.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
Did you check the fuses? If water got in the switches that'll short them out, hopefully its just a fuse.

There is water involved in putting on window tint, but holy crap, it sounds like they used a hose and were not very careful.

·
Registered
2000 STS, W/Nav
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i thought i would just try one of the good switches on the door and yeah window rolls up and down like its suppose to so i went down and had a little chat with the people and he apologized and we ordered new switches from the dealer so all should be well except now my blower motor isnt working and it was just replaced as of 9/8/09 so im hoping gm will cover that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts