Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back some not so nice gentlemen took away my 02 camaro with idiotic driving and leaving the scene

with my insurance check I looked around and put 4,000 of it down on a 2004 CTS
35,200 miles, few small scratches, no dents, perfect interior
I got it for 18,500 4000 down 280 a month :)
very affordable and by far the nicest car I have ever owned (out of 5 lol)
this is also the very first car I have researched, bought/financed and insured 100% on my own. I owned the camaro since I was 18 so most of the time I was under my moms policy and loan.

heres a few quick pics I took of her the day after I got her.

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
My last car was an 01 SS & it was quite a difference switching to my CTS. Of course there's a lot less power in this car, but it makes up for it in comfort & luxury! Welcome aboard! Oh, and good choice on the color. Everyone knows Black is the fastest!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its nice......I like :thumbsup:

Now get to moddin that biatch...... feel free to use mine as inspiration LOL
lol well i can get an OEM V grille for $150, is that a good place to start? :D

Nice you have an upside down steering wheel! (pic #1) lol...
Nice ride bro!
yeah it was an option, i opted for it. Pretty unique :p

My last car was an 01 SS & it was quite a difference switching to my CTS. Of course there's a lot less power in this car, but it makes up for it in comfort & luxury! Welcome aboard! Oh, and good choice on the color. Everyone knows Black is the fastest!!!
(i had a v6 camaro so its an upgrade in speed as well as comfort and luxury) haha

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Nice you have an upside down steering wheel! (pic #1) lol...
Nice ride bro!
There is a recall on that. GM will turn wheel right side up without any charge. Failure of owner to do so might result in car turning left when driver intends to turn right, etc.

Important that this be done immediately.

Second part of recall is the blinker fluid leak. Again, no cost. Just remind service writer that your car needs to be checked for leaking blinker fluid. Normally, owner cannot see the blinker fluid leaking because it evaporates prior to hitting the ground. If you lose too much, you will lose capability of blinkers working properly. One of the early symptoms of this is a beeping sound especially when your turn signal has been on for about a mile or so.

In fact, that is a good way to test for leaking blinker fluid. Drive on a straight road (in right lane); put right turn signal on for the next 2 miles or so. If a beeper starts making noise, see dealer as soon as possible. Remind dealer about steering wheel being upside down at times. That problem is somewhat intermitent. It shows up particularly when you are parking the vehicle.

Welcome aboard, new CTS owner!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! :welcome5: to the forum.

:thumbsup: Nice, way to take care of business
:thumbsup:

There is a recall on that. GM will turn wheel right side up without any charge. Failure of owner to do so might result in car turning left when driver intends to turn right, etc.

Important that this be done immediately.

Second part of recall is the blinker fluid leak. Again, no cost. Just remind service writer that your car needs to be checked for leaking blinker fluid. Normally, owner cannot see the blinker fluid leaking because it evaporates prior to hitting the ground. If you lose too much, you will lose capability of blinkers working properly. One of the early symptoms of this is a beeping sound especially when your turn signal has been on for about a mile or so.

In fact, that is a good way to test for leaking blinker fluid. Drive on a straight road (in right lane); put right turn signal on for the next 2 miles or so. If a beeper starts making noise, see dealer as soon as possible. Remind dealer about steering wheel being upside down at times. That problem is somewhat intermitent. It shows up particularly when you are parking the vehicle.
i have wrote all this down and will investigate my possible lemon cts

Welcome aboard, new CTS owner!!

There is a recall on that. GM will turn wheel right side up without any charge.
QUOTE]
maybe he has the euro version

actually i think most dealers will charge you 60.00 labor. seems like a do-it-yo-self
cadillacfaq.com should have the answer to your problem, sometimes as you drive it seems to fix itself.
i called the dealership, the tow bill was 120.00 and since they had to get a new steering wheel parts and labor came to about 480
so all in all i think i got off kinda cheap :eek:

·
Registered
'04 CTS
43 Posts
WELCOME!! I have to admit, anyone who would stand in the rain to take pictures of his new ride is someone I can identify with. Enthusiasm is infectious... well done.

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love picking on newbees.
i can take it :p

WELCOME!! I have to admit, anyone who would stand in the rain to take pictures of his new ride is someone I can identify with. Enthusiasm is infectious... well done.
lol yeah it was pretty exciting to get it
its been almost a month now and im still pumped to drive it :D

X

·
0 Posts
WELCOME to the madness!

Hey, I noticed something. That is an '03 dash with an '04 rear. Do the '04's have the '03 dash? I have an '05. Was that the first year of the new dash?

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol well i can get an OEM V grille for $150, is that a good place to start? :D

Where can you get a v grille for $150? That's where I need to shop for mine.
coworker that had a cts and sold it before he could install it
before i got mine i asked him a bunch of questions and he said he had it layin around

1 - 16 of 16 Posts