Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'05 V
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met up with Grenade today and bought his V off of him. Strangely enough, we ended up having a mutual friend. Then drove it back to LA.

Love it. Zero regrets. Doesn't exactly have the economy our Accord hybrid does, but who cares. Because racecar.

Mobile detailers come in to work Tuesday I believe, going to have them claybar and wax it. Then I'll get some proper pics. Until then, one from Grenade.

Special thanks to this forum for finding my V for me. ILUguise.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,047 Posts
You got one!

That's great!

Looks good, but we need more pics.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,105 Posts
I also bought my 05 from a forum member, back in 2010. It's a long story but in the end it worked out well. Any more pics or info on the car?

·
Registered
'05 V
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also bought my 05 from a forum member, back in 2010. It's a long story but in the end it worked out well. Any more pics or info on the car?
No more pics yet, got it claybarred and waxed Tuesday at work when the detailers come in. Then it actually rained. Go figure.

Magnaflows and X-pipe
short shifter
ground control kit
5-lug conversion, 19x8.5, 19x9.5

First thing is going to be bushings, it's a bit soft for my liking. Been on Creative Steel, going to start from the back to the front. Diff bushing, then rear cradle, then trans and motor. Might get some stiffer springs for the front, current ones are just a bit soft. Likely going to throw on either some Hawk HPS or EBC pads soon I'll do the control arm bushings eventually.
So far, been enjoying it. There's a nice, wide turn leaving work and Tuesday I threw it in pretty hot and stabbed the throttle, was pleasantly surprised at how easily the back end broke out. Hung it out pretty far, or at least it felt like it. Car snapped back straight and kept on going. Was impressed.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V & Cadillac Escalade ESV
3 Posts
Very nice V!!! As soon as this guy buys my M5 next week I'm on the hunt for a super clean and fair priced gen 1 V.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts