Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a Christmas gift but GMpartsdirect just kind of dumped it in a box...wasn't packed very well. The back door got pushed back behind the heating unit and now won't come loose. It also was scratched a little bit. Gonna try calling and exchanging tomorrow. What a PITA.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got mine for Christmas as well. Mine was packed very nice. As for the door, I think it is in the fixed open position. Probably a safety thing. I thought mine was broke too.

D

·
0 Posts
Mine h/c holders were damaged, the heating area and cup portion was not properly seated and the large door was sticking to the silver tape. I opened it up and fixed it but I will use caution when dealing with these guys again.

I dont think my problem happened in shippment, as it was basically not put together correctly with large gaps. Both doors open and close after I fixed the problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Womsterr...I must have misread your message. The door that covers the cupholder portion on mine is open and looks as if it is in a fixed position by design. The door that covers the ashtray does close.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was wrong. I took a closer look at mine and it appears the door is stuck as well. When I first looked at it I thought it was open by design so that in case you had the heater on, the door wouldn't shut and cause damage. I didn't want to break it so I didn't get any tools out yet. It looks like maybe if you loosen the bolt on the side it will give you some movement. I'll let you know when I find out. If any one figures it out first please let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts