Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone figure out how to add USB functionality to 2007 Escalades? I have the newer looking radio now, although it still has controls to tilt the screen- it clearly marks where the nav disk is located.

I have the new Hvac controls too- says "REAR" rather than "AUX" for rear seat Hvac.

Let me guess, even though the radio is new, there's no way to add USB? Maybe someone will swap me? Lol

I will ask the dealer and report back. I'm guessing that I know more about this than them as my service advisor wasn't aware that the screens no longer tilted...

Anyone?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny that you should ask... My HVAC control labels were rubbing off and the fan up/down button was loose. So I took it in for service. They replaced the HVAC controls and when I went to pick it up, I noticed that the DEST, NAV and Config buttons were stuck like someone had kicked or punched the unit! I called my service advisor out to the vehicle and he was shocked. His techs jacked it up. The buttons were broken (the little tabs that hold the buttons on were broken) and new buttons cannot be ordered.

The new NAV went in last week and needs to be replaced again. The lower right corner of the screen is loose and pushes in and for some reason I can't change the region so it will only bring up cities in Michigan. Only one rear screen shows up as well in aux mode.

Does anyone know how to add USB?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
408 Posts
My old one failed and would not read discs. So the replaced it under warranty it still does not have a USB connection I asked the dealer to show me the unit before the installed it and I did not see any USB connection. This one dose have an aux tab listed on top my old one did not. The new one also displays all upcoming exits and my old one didn't.

Ooof.. Sorry my last post looks kind of illiterate.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
12 Posts
Which GM truck forum? Was anybody able to get that solution to work for the escalade? Same thing for me, 07 nav unit started acting up. Dealer said it was repaired and cut out on the way home. Took it right back and they replaced it with the new looking one but still has screen tilt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts