Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front end got smashed up, i got most parts that im picking up tomorrow for 200, but i need headlights that i can use my stock wiring just plug and play - problem is right now i got the HID XENON lights (stock) what aftermarket headlights can I get without breaking the bank? Cadillac wants like 500 per light or something stupid

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts
Hmmm. I smell something fishy here. You acknowledge that they hit you. So why are you going to get parts? Shouldn't the BMW driver?

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was in a parking lot, i didnt want cops involved his car is worth like 100k and i got the parts for a decent price ugh but headlights/!?!?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,804 Posts
Parking lot or not, cops or not. The driver of the BMW legally has to pay. Whether it's his insurance or out of pocket.

If you didn't get his information, than let this be a learning lesson. If you did, then call his insurance company and start the claim.

KOT

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah forsure I know that Im to nice i just let him go but anyways is there a cheaper method then buying a oem HID headlight??

·
Registered
2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
1,017 Posts
Go to car-part.com or call local salvage yards for some clean used assemblies. I broke my passenger side a few years ago and got a restored unit for $200.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
Stock Xenon HID Headlights - What are my custom options?

I got hit and my lights were damaged, Can I buy the halogen housings and just plug and play?

Or can i buy a housing and then get a custom HID kit installed? If so tutorials on either would be sweet!

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts
Also if you say he drives a 100k car. He probably could of given you cash on the spot....

I don't believe the story. Especially since the damage is to the front of your car.

Someone go check the BMW forums. See if someone is complain about a cadillac driver hitting them lol

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
Also if you say he drives a 100k car. He probably could of given you cash on the spot....

I don't believe the story. Especially since the damage is to the front of your car.

Someone go check the BMW forums. See if someone is complain about a cadillac driver hitting them lol
I hope you are just trying to be funny?

I don't think you're trying to help the OP get head lamps but instead put him in jail.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6 liter
187 Posts

Haha I was thinking the same thing. Hit and run?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS 2.8L 6MT
406 Posts
LOL, I like the way this is going. If someone is at fault, you don't let them go. I doubt this BMW driver was uninsured, either.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,034 Posts
I hope you are just trying to be funny?

I don't think you're trying to help the OP get head lamps but instead put him in jail.
I hope you are just trying to be funny, as I don't think anybody is going to get sent to jail based on a couple comments on an internet discussion forum.

I found a used one for 400 Its crazy here! Can I buy aftermaket HiD kits and assembly?
Where is "here"? Where are you searching? Did you look on Ebay? Did you look on car-part.com, like jran0823 suggested?

I just looked on Ebay and you can get a brand new OEM driver side HID headlight assembly for $400. Here's a used passenger side one for $100. That's just 2 examples; there are tons more listed.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,034 Posts
Re: Stock Xenon HID Headlights - What are my custom options?

No one has tried this before!
Actually, there have been a number of threads discussing this very subject. Use the SEARCH function and you'll find a number of threads about it. (I'll give you a hint - search for "HID halogen".)

·
Registered
2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2
526 Posts
Are you sure you didn't hit the BMW because it sure sounds like you are trying to keep the insurance company from finding out. Either way unless you were in some parking lot in the middle of nowhere, there were likely cameras all over that place so you can expect the BMW owner to be looking for you.

Even if you were at fault, your insurance most likely would of covered it. You probably would of had to pay a deductible of say 100 to 500 bucks depending on how good your insurance is and then a week or two with it in the shop. What was your reasoning behind not filing a claim with your insurance?

I don't care what car you're driving. Be it a Mclaren P1 or a Porche 918. If you crash into my car, you better share your insurance information with me. Any time I haven't been at fault, all damages were completely covered. The person to get the shit end of the stick is always the person at fault.

That is unless, you don't have insurance in which case you better hope there weren't any cameras in that parking lot or say goodbye to your drivers license.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts