Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
The early 60's are some of my favorites, so I would make the wrong choice and go with it!

Looks like it is not too bad, but I would want to get far, far under it before I would go for it.
Frame looks good, it would make the coolest project.
Could also be the one that "cures" you of your fever....:noidea:

I own an 87 Brougham, and love every minute I can squeeze into my schedule to be driving it.
...however, if I owned a nice 77 Deville, I would probably not have bought it in the first place....
I am afraid you would find it too similar.

Personally, I would hold out for a d'Elegance with sunroof if that model is singing to your heart.
Too many available to "settle"..... (Note: I acknowledge the poor choice of calling that beautiful car settling....)

As much as I love my Guido, I find myself trying to find ways to make it a sunroof d'Elegance, which is what I should have just bought to begin with....

For comparison, here is what is on my Craigslist...http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/5032431770.html

·
Registered
91 brougham
77 Posts
How about a 91 white/red with the fuel injected 350? I can give you more details if interested. I'm located in central Illinois. I've put a new GM crate motor and transmission and tons of new replacement parts through the years Just rebuilt the AC on it last summer with the R`12 freon.

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,477 Posts
The 88 pictures were taken 11 years ago.. What does it look like now? That car has a olds 305, that was just a little better than a 4100.. I had 3 63 Caddies and I loved those cars so my vote is for the 62.. I wonder why they don't say if it runs or even turns over.. And they don't have a picture of the motor.. It will take some time and money but if I was looking for a project I would buy the 62...

·
Registered
86 Bronco, 74 Ford LTD,1999 Deville, 1977 Coupe Deville
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All of my pictures say 2007 from when I bought my camera. Goes through batteries quick, so why bother to re set time? Heh..Heh.I'm guessing same on his camera.

The 62 is not running. The engine was froze. They swapped in an un frozen one but never finished up install. I talked for ever on the phone with the old timer.( Same age as me!)I never asked if they kept the original engine.I might offer him $1,500.00 It's not sold yet because he's near me & we are 150 miles from anything. Very Very rural.Our ambulance is a helicopter!
The wife thinks my fleet is large enough now. I told her, why do you think we bought 20 acres?
The 62 would make a sweet yard ornament while other projects get done. Well nothing ever really gets done with me. Just " Good enough for now"

BTW: It's the interior on that 88 that has my mouth watering.

·
Registered
91 brougham
77 Posts
You don't want those cars! With my 91 that I'm selling you can travel reliably cross country no problem. I have replaced all crucial mechanicals to make it very roadworthy. Exhaust,tires,power train, brakes,most front end components and it doesn't use oil either. Always used Mobil 1 since I put in the new motor, not rebuilt.

·
Registered
86 Bronco, 74 Ford LTD,1999 Deville, 1977 Coupe Deville
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, sounds nice. But it's too new for me & I bet it has fuel injection.

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
I vote for the 91 (the luxury of a Cadillac, the reliability of a Chevy truck), then the 62, then the 88.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
The 88 Brougham is very much like your 77, so unless you want basically two of the same car, I'd pass. A 60s Caddy would be a nice addition to your growing fleet. Just not that one. :lol:

·
Registered
1983 FWB (Mac), 1981 SDV (Junkyard Dog)
734 Posts
I think that Bradrock is looking for a sensible addition to his collection. In that case, if I were him, I would hold off and go for a 60's car in reasonable running condition.
I am the least qualified person to speak to this thread having spent a ton of time and money attempting to restore an 81 SDV which was a junkyard dog to begin with. Were I to do it over, I would surely go for a 60's car. Were I to try to do it over, my wife (the finance minister) would have me shot. Pay attention Brad, it could happen to you.

Cheers..............R

·
Registered
91 brougham
77 Posts
Thanks, sounds nice. But it's too new for me & I bet it has fuel injection.
I'd take fuel injection over a carb. any day. We use the 91 to travel in. We choose taking it over our new Lexus. The 91 has the most comfortable ride and seats of any car I've ever been in.
I wish I didn't have to get rid of it but, I'm trying to narrow down the fleet. Someone will buy it sooner or later and get a great reliable 91 Fleetwood Brougham!

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
That's a tough choice. The 62 looks like an easy resto. I want to buy an 87-89 someday with those leather seats so that 88 is a nice buy too. I suppose in the end the 62 would be more valuable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts