Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 3.6DI radiant CTS fully loaded
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

which kind of bulbs do I need for my fogs? Is it "H" something or nine thousand and something?

also I wanna' ask what is the difference between 9005 bulb to 9006?

Thanks for your help!!

Virex.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Hi guys.

which kind of bulbs do I need for my fogs? Is it "H" something or nine thousand and something?

also I wanna' ask what is the difference between 9005 bulb to 9006?

Thanks for your help!!

Virex.
If you're looking for more light you can use the OEM High Beam bulbs. They help a lot. It's the same style bulb.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Well the fog lights are 9005 type.

The difference between 9005 and 9006 is very small. It's just the way the connection to the housing fits, which is very slightly different. You can ALMOST put a 9005 bulb in a 9006 socket, ALMOST. It's just off enough to make it not fit. I am not sure if the wattage is different. My 9005 and 9006 bulbs are all 35W HIDs.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
High beam bulbs pop right in, in minutes. I put in the silverstars from sylvannia. They look great (55 watt). Brighter whiter light. Good luck on your choice.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where can I get those silverstars from. Would it fit the fogs?
Can you post a pic with the silverstars on?

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Here in the U.S. you can buy them from any of the major autoparts store as well as Walmart. You can also order them online. They pop right into the bulb fit as the bulb for the highbeams is the same type as the stock one for the fogs. Here they come in 2-packs and I even recieved a $10 rebate making them $35 for the 2 of them. If someone else reads this and has this done can maybe take a pic(it's been pouring rain for the last 3 hrs here). There are several who have HID's in their fogs and I know there are pics listed under HID fogs. This option will cost 4 times more and require more complicated install (not dificult however). I'll post a pic later with better weather if no one else does. You can also just install the factory highbeams, they will look just like your'e highbeams just further down the bumper(many have done this as well) This won't be as bright white looking but still work very well. Good Luck on the mod.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
B HOTH.
I saw on E bay sylvania silver stars, some of them were 9005 su/2 and some 9005 st/2. Is there a difference? same question about 9006 st/2, 9006 su/2 and 9006xs st/2.
Basically, what I'm asking, is if all other letters/numbers beside the 9005 and 9006 say anything.

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts