Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  JRau 
#1 ·
My girlfriend and I got a puppy after 3 months of research and visiting breeders all over IL, MI, and IN.

We got a Miniature Australian Shephard, 14 weeks old from a well known breeder in Northern Illinois.

It has been a week so far and she is doing really well. We named her "Ginger." She is learning to ring a bell when she has to go out for a bathroom break. Very loving, docile, and respectful.

Here are a few pictures:

My only rule is that Ginger cannot ride in the Cadillac. She loves riding in our Station Wagon and Infiniti QX4 though :thumbsup:

Take care,
Elias

See less See more
#5 ·
Awesome!

Similar in various ways to our 3 Shelties, but even cuter:thumbsup:

Now if only we could train THEM to ring a bell for potty time...good work already! And yes, even I'll succumb to taking one or two in the Caddy...the smallest one loves it, and cleaning the window and brushing off the seat isn't so bad. Just not frequently.

#6 ·
Thank YOU!!! I was so afraid it would be a chihuhahua (sp?) Nothing against any chihuahua owners but I see them every time someone says " I got a puppy" lol NIce to see a different type.

Beautiful dog, reminds me of the 2 shelties we used to have , RIP. Both made it over 12 years.

Hopefully she doesnt get carsick :)

#8 ·
Niiiice!

#9 ·
:highfive: VERY cute!
she doesnt ride in the cadi u say? My girlfriends Bichon frise gets in my car sometimes when we go down the shore... =/ ... my heart rate increases 40 beats/minute each time she does...

congrats :thumbsup:

#11 ·
Thanks! She did great last night, she went 4 hours before having to go out to the bathroom :thumbsup:

Time to collect a poop sample for the Vet today...:rant2:

#13 ·
Great dog! Enjoy her.

Hoover loves to go for rides, and as I found on the road trip to Des Moines, he's an excellent road tripper. I think he learned the words "Rest Area" since he seemed to notice when my Dad or I would mention one was coming up.

I have a nice, thick blanket that I put on the bottom seat cushion to protect the leather and another blanket I can tuck into the backrest. So it's no problem taking Hoover in the Cadillac, other than the need to vacuum.

#20 ·
Welch Corgi! That's the dog we were gonna buy back when we were looking at one! Wonderful dogs!

#21 ·
I have a Pembroke Corgi, Fergus, but he has long hair and is huge. He's got all the papers and is legit but weighs over forty pounds and has hair dragging the ground unless we shear him. He thinks the whole world revolves around him and that he's in charge. He's so damn smart it's scary. He's getting his comeuppence, however. We got a Bichon Frise to keep him in shape and she runs him ragged. It's a thundering herd from the front of the house to the back all day long.

#24 ·
Cute poochie, 96Fleetwood! Bring him to the Downers Grove Car Show on Fridays. I usually park my Brougham at Main St. and Curtiss, at the south end of the show area.

JRau

Thanks! We had her at the Downers Grove Car Show last Sunday, it was a blast.

I wasn't at the DG cruise in on Friday because I was on call. Maybe in 2 weeks...

The Cadillac guys park in the train station parking lot next to the Acura NSX guys :thumbsup:

#25 ·
Good to know, 96Fleetwood. Might be in Iowa next Friday, but perhaps that next week in July...

I have seen some nice Caddies at the cruise night--a nice '64 convertible, a beautiful black '59 convertible, a '56 and '49 Coupe DeVille, and a '78 or '79 Coupe DeVille.

One day we'll meet up.

JRau

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.