Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

Well, I ended up going down to Atco NJ for the Impala Club races on 12-13. I had a great time. It was cold, but it was a good day. Unlimited runs... :)

I got my best run ever with a 14.17 @ 99.88 with a 2.19 60'. A friend lent me a set of drag radials to run on. Wow, what a difference those make! I'm definately going to have to look into a set!!!

I also got to bring home the runner up trophy! I made it to the finals!!! :D

Here's a link to the pics.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blackout said:
You cheated! :tisk: You put on drag radials! Oh well.....good time man! Keep up the good work :yup:
Since when is putting good tires on cheating??? :confused:

Besides, I drove down there on my snow tires (notice the front rims in those pics!) and I don't think I would have hooked very well with those... :yup:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Golden!! :worship:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andrew60SP said:
Nice times!
Is there enough in her for 13s?
There will be once I get my launch down. :) I am upgrading from 3.73 gears to 4.56's soon. That should help get the barge moving! And it should help my gas mileage too... And stop forcing downshifts on the highway (1800rpm @ 80mph now)... ;)

Once I can get my 60' down to a more respectable 1.9x or so, then I'll be mid/high 13's. They say every tenth in the 60' is 2 tenths oon the big end! :D

I also plan to upgrade to 2.5" exhaust. I think the 2.25" is choking it...

Thanks guys! And Blackout, I figured you were kidding, that's why I didn't go into the "fast cars need good tires" schpeel... :D

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Congratulations! You and I have practically the identical car - so whenever you achieve something like that, it makes me feel good. :D I can't believe you've almost got that car in the 13's.. That's one FAST Fleetwood Brougham!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sal Collaziano said:
Congratulations! You and I have practically the identical car - so whenever you achieve something like that, it makes me feel good. :D I can't believe you've almost got that car in the 13's.. That's one FAST Fleetwood Brougham!!
Thanks guys. :) You should see the reactions I get at the track! ;) It's just awesome! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I'm bill, I have a 1949 caddy that I run at atco alot.
I run 11:20's, Look me up, you can't miss my cad.
Not many 49 caddys there...

·
Registered
11 Posts
toomanytoyz said:
There will be once I get my launch down. :) I am upgrading from 3.73 gears to 4.56's soon. That should help get the barge moving! And it should help my gas mileage too... And stop forcing downshifts on the highway (1800rpm @ 80mph now)... ;)

Once I can get my 60' down to a more respectable 1.9x or so, then I'll be mid/high 13's. They say every tenth in the 60' is 2 tenths oon the big end! :D

I also plan to upgrade to 2.5" exhaust. I think the 2.25" is choking it...

Thanks guys! And Blackout, I figured you were kidding, that's why I didn't go into the "fast cars need good tires" schpeel... :D
its usually for every tenth in the 60' is .15 in the quarter. Just letting you know. But that is one amazing time for your car. Congrats.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
JAvery20